TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Other Tiny RCs > Plantraco Desktop Rover > Plantraco Desktop Rover

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 09-08-2002, 04:55 PM
tinyrc's Avatar
tinyrc tinyrc is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,729
Blog Entries: 43
akura2, the unit pictured is 72MHz but we're working with them to get a 75MHz version as it would be excellent for Tiny RCs. It's rated for 20A, and the FET is wide open for stacking, so it should work well!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-13-2002, 11:09 PM
slotsurfer's Avatar
slotsurfer slotsurfer is offline
VILLAGE IDIOT
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: North San Diego county,California
Posts: 345
Desktop rover

I just Purchased a desktop Rover fromMicrotank Picked it up $49.99.Pretty cool little rover.How many of you have the camera does this feature make it more fun to curise around?
Thanks,
Slotsurfer
__________________
Slot Surfer
VULCAN RING SLOTCAR RACING
I get my news from the daily show with John Stewart the #1 fake news man in the USA
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-29-2002, 02:12 PM
Dentman Dentman is offline
TinyRC Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austria
Posts: 11
laser-tag

Got my desktop rover last week. I only have one, but wanted to try the "battle-mode". So I tried all of my IR-remotes (tv, dvd,...) and "attacked" my rover and it worked! The roverīs been hit!

I try to design a little "battle-ground" with IR-detectors in place. My idea is, to "shoot" all detectors with the rover as fast as possible. That might be a lot of fun.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-30-2002, 12:24 AM
Purple Penguin's Avatar
Purple Penguin Purple Penguin is offline
I'm a Hugger!
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ridgecrest CA USA
Posts: 40
Send a message via ICQ to Purple Penguin Send a message via AIM to Purple Penguin Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Penguin
I just got two Rovers today, All together I paid $80 USD for them (including shipping) not a bad price for 2.

The lazer tag on them is fun, I just can't put them down. I turned my dinning room into a war zone with ramps going from the ground to chairs and tables and all kinds of boxes to climb on.

such fun such fun.


Now I need to get a few of those cameras. the cheapest I've seen them is $109 + shipping, has anyone found them cheaper?
__________________
anyone need a hug
I'm giving them away, free of charge

Last edited by Purple Penguin; 11-30-2002 at 07:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-01-2002, 12:19 AM
slotsurfer's Avatar
slotsurfer slotsurfer is offline
VILLAGE IDIOT
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: North San Diego county,California
Posts: 345
$109.00 is a great price fro such a great camera
__________________
Slot Surfer
VULCAN RING SLOTCAR RACING
I get my news from the daily show with John Stewart the #1 fake news man in the USA
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-01-2002, 10:07 PM
tinyrc's Avatar
tinyrc tinyrc is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,729
Blog Entries: 43
Re: laser-tag

Quote:
Originally posted by Dentman
Got my desktop rover last week. I only have one, but wanted to try the "battle-mode". So I tried all of my IR-remotes (tv, dvd,...) and "attacked" my rover and it worked! The roverīs been hit!
Cool, what type of remote and what button?!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-02-2002, 11:26 AM
Dentman Dentman is offline
TinyRC Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austria
Posts: 11
Re: Re: laser-tag

Quote:
Originally posted by tinyrc
Cool, what type of remote and what button?!
Itīs the remote-control (RAV 171) of my amplifier (Yamaha DSP A595). Button Nr. 1 works!

Tried to switch off TV with the Rover, but no reaction

Last edited by Dentman; 12-02-2002 at 02:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-02-2002, 01:34 PM
BillyBonz's Avatar
BillyBonz BillyBonz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 157
Hey Cool!! Number 1 does work. I used a universal remote and it works too. It is an X10 6 in 1 remote. I used the code for a Yamaha CD player and kaboom. I would guess any universal remote would do the same.

Last edited by BillyBonz; 12-02-2002 at 01:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-03-2002, 10:34 AM
tinyrc's Avatar
tinyrc tinyrc is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,729
Blog Entries: 43
How cool! Time to start disassembling old remotes and creating some anti-tank guns!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-29-2002, 10:09 AM
feathercraft1 feathercraft1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Fort Myers Florida
Posts: 26
Sounds like a ton of fun but the price of the camera is a little steep and the tank usues what kind of batteries?I hope they're rechargeable whatever they are.After owning a Mini-z I spent 100 bucks on batteries a month and alot more on parts,hehe
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-30-2002, 06:32 PM
eman1 eman1 is offline
custom title
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 523
Send a message via AIM to eman1
nope, batteries aren't rechargable
these are the batteries, http://www.vss-electronics.com/vss-e...3-1-sanyo.html
and the cheapest place for them too
__________________
current parts:
auto modellista
4.2 pro
perfection 200mah battery
Pullback wheel mod

Plantraco desktop rover for sale
email me at eman54@optonline.net if you want it
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
plantraco desktop rover for sale eman1 For Sale/Trade 11 04-18-2011 01:12 AM
FS: Plantraco Desktop Rover bobjones For Sale/Trade 1 04-18-2011 01:10 AM
plantraco desktop rover for sale!!! eman1 For Sale/Trade 5 04-18-2011 01:09 AM
Dedicated Desktop Rover site Scutch_2IC Plantraco Desktop Rover 1 02-22-2004 05:01 PM
informations beetyii Plantraco Desktop Rover 19 12-13-2002 07:22 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Mini Inferno Sale - Up to $85 Instant Savings!
Micro-T Hop-Ups
RC18R, M18, Micro RS4, Mini-LST, TamTech-Gear, Minizilla, RC18T, RC18B, RC18MT
shop.tinyrc.com Products
Tiny RC Community News
[03/17/10] Kyosho Mini-Z F1 MF-010 SP2... : The Kyosho Mini-Z F1 MF-010 SP2 Carbon Limited ASF 2.4GHz Tx-Less Chassis Set - more»
[10/23/09] Kyosho Mini-Z MR-03 In Stock! : The Mini-Z MR-03 (http://mr-03.com) is now In Stock and Pre-Orders are shipping! - more»
[09/06/09] Labor Day Savings - $5 Off... : Labor Day traditionally marks the unofficial end of summer - but we're not ready to let go! So, we - more»
Mini-Z, Mini-Z Racer, MR-02, MA-010
M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
Mini Inferno, Mini Inferno ST, half EIGHT, 1/16, 16th scale
Epoch, Indoor Racer, 1/43, 43rd scale
E-Savage, eSavage, eZilla, e-Zilla, HPI
Robots, Bots, Bipeds, Wheeled, Manoi, Roomba, NXT, Lego, Hacking
Crawling, Crawlers, Micro, RC, Losi Mini-Rock Crawler, Duratrax Cliff Climber
Kyosho Minium, Caliber 120, Minium Forums
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, Mini Inferno Hop-Ups, Mini Inferno Parts, M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts