TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/64 and Smaller > ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE > ZipZaps

Old 01-25-2004, 07:08 PM
I really should change my title...

No wonder my Layman's Tricell wasn't working!

Well, I just recently bought a Toyota Supra ZipZap Starter kit, and installed the red gears from the beginning, threw in the NX motor, the slicks, and the 2F2F Lancer outlook, installing a Layman's tricell. I used this adapter for charging my ZipZap, I spliced the two wires apart and tested them to see which one was positive and which was negative, and soldered them to make the charger.

I figured that since the adapter pumped out 300ma, then it would be peak charged in 9 minutes and 36 seconds, and I left it on the charger for 10 minutes total. The batteries weren't even warm, and the car lasted only 2 minutes. I thought, "Good Grief! Why isn't it working!" I left it on the charger for 15, 20 minutes, and the runtime was increased. I talked to my dad, I gave him the specs, and he said it would pump out UP TO 300ma. I read the specs on the box, and he was right, it would pump UP TO 300ma, not put it out no matter what the situation.

From this, I decided that whatever I plugged it into, it would PULL the current from the charger, so I decided that the layman's tricell would PULL 40mah from the charger. I was correct, left it on there for a total of 20-30 minutes, and GOOD GRIEF! I noticed a difference of torque increase and speed increase.

I think tomorrow, when I get back from the high school midterm, I will watch TV while the car sits on the charger, and after 1 hour, I will zoom away.

I hope what I'm sharing isn't going to go to waste, like my Xmods guides.

Chuckster...
Old 01-26-2004, 04:17 PM
I Shall Return!

Send a message via AIM to xxspeednplayaxx
lol i have a good story with charging, so like i was modifing my friends zz back in july and i decided to charge mine (stock batts) on my 12 charger, and well getting into the soldering i forgot about my car... about 15 minutes later my friend goes "hey dude somethins up with your car" i looked and the battery was enlarged to the point were it was deforming the chassis, as well as it was foaming.. lol never take your eyes off your charger!