TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 09-08-2002, 05:26 PM
SPEED IS GOOD

Arrow What's the difference between bit racer and char-g tire sets??

What's the differnce between the bit Char-g tire set and the Bit Racer tire set???
Old 09-08-2002, 06:18 PM
BIT PIMP

The bit racer tires are harder, and black. While the bit char g tires are softer, and colored

silla
Old 09-08-2002, 06:21 PM
SPEED IS GOOD

which is better??? I like how the Bit racer tires are all black unlike the colored Bit char-g tires. ANyone know if the Hobbico Microsizers tire set is black??? I saw a picture of it at tower hobbies.
Old 09-09-2002, 02:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to 323iT
there really is no better sets. if you have the money i would buy both set. because all the motor and gear and body combinations. you can have alot of different set ups for your car. and you want a certain characteristics for your car. such as over steering or under steering. I noticed that with a fast car, you want tires with less grip cuz if you have more grip, you'll end up spinning out during turns (over steering)
i have the bit racer set. i got those before the bit char-g set came out. i'll pick up a set of bit char-g(color) tires soon.
Old 09-09-2002, 05:21 PM
yellow fish forever!

Send a message via AIM to cowfish_29
yeah, having both sets would be ideal. The colored sets really make your car look like it got in a fight with a bag of skittles...

but, they are soft and good for the back, and then the bit racer tires are good for tuning the front (especially on slippery tracks)

either way, its up to you...just a matter of how you want your car to act.
Old 09-09-2002, 05:37 PM
SPEED IS GOOD

ok thanks guys, i think i'll go ahead and check out the micro sizer tire set at the hobby shop.
Old 09-09-2002, 05:39 PM
Shoot To ILL

Send a message via AIM to TheFanMan
what cowfish said^.... especially the skittles part
gear: light blue
shocks: mediums
motor: 2.2
Old 09-12-2002, 07:42 AM
TinyRC Newbie

Bit Racer tires are too hard!

Hi,

I bought a Bit Racer tire set and all the tires are very hard (even the "soft" ones). I don't know if the colored set for Bit Char-G is better, but the original tires coming with a Tomy car are a lot softer than the ones in the Bit Racer set.

It also seems that the Bit Racer tires don't fit perfectly.

Tom
Old 01-23-2003, 09:22 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to Mannex17 Send a message via Yahoo to Mannex17
I heard that the softest Bit Racer tire set is harder than the hardest Bit Char-G tire set. Is this true??
Old 01-24-2003, 06:08 PM
strider_mt2k

I bought the microsizers Tire Kit, and I ended up using the mediums.
The "soft" tires are grey, and try to simulate a tread, but they aren't that soft, and all the tiny bumps just mean reduced ground contact.
The "Hard" tires are pretty hard, and ribbed, again with a reduction in ground contact.

I don't like how the grey tires look either.

These are just personal preffs, mind you.
Old 01-27-2003, 01:49 AM
Poor Student

Send a message via AIM to dustn Send a message via Yahoo to dustn
From my experience, the stock zipzap tires work great... They are treaded but grip very well and are consistent on slightly dusty surfaces where a slick would collect crap and stop gripping.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:46 PM
SPEED IS GOOD

Well i have both tire kits now, the Bit Rcaer and the Bit char-g tire kits. It is a good idea to get both so you can switch it up to different tire combo's. The bit char-g colored tires are much softer than the bit racers and are nice for grip. The bit racer tire sets are pretty Hard even the softest tires in the set are harder than stockers. ZZ tires are pretty cool to!!! The tred pattern give them VERY GOOD grip. Unfurtunantly you can only put em on the back unless you put ZZ rims up front. They're so grippy i was able to wheelie with them on, but couldn't with the stock tires/slicks.

SPEED-The state of being in rapid motion
Old 01-30-2003, 11:36 AM
Poor Student

Yeah, with the zz tires on the rear and soft slicks (clone tires) on the front, it is well balanced and will flip on occasion with the stock clone motor and single cell battery. After a short period tho the fronts stop gripping because of the dust and the rears are still going strong. I hate understeer. I'd like to try the MS soft tires, the gray treaded ones, but I am not keen on ordering online and the local Hungates does not carry MS.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:34 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to Mannex17 Send a message via Yahoo to Mannex17
hungates
Old 01-31-2003, 12:59 AM
Poor Student

Hobby shop in the malls in the US (at least on the southern east coast) It is usually overpriced and understocked.... Sorta a small store, and they have art stuff, R/C, Plastic models, plane stuff, train stuff, ceramic stuff, etc.