TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 12-14-2006, 02:07 PM

My ZZ SE track - some pictures to

Here is a Track I setup in my basement. The track pieces connect together to make a decent dsetup.

I have 6 boxes of track to make this setup. the track is on tile floor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg layout01.jpg (49.0 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg layout02.jpg (48.5 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg layout03.jpg (46.4 KB, 36 views)
Old 12-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
Nice!

How do you keep the cars from riding up the rails?
Old 12-14-2006, 04:32 PM

They way we keep the cars on the track is with control!!!

Never had a problem with rails, if you hit them the car either goes over them of rides up them until you drive off the rails.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Hulk smash!

Bah! That's no fun! Then you can cheat left and right!
Old 12-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Jazz32

That looks like a fun track! I bet some epochs would go really well on that track as well.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:35 PM

I have tried larger cars and it is harder to control, Are Epochs bigger then Xmods?

Xmods are too big to run, and the Toys R Us Super Slickers work well, but no propo so we don't bother using them.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:59 AM
Jazz32

Epochs are fully proportional, like mini-z proportional, and are 1/43 scale (Superslick scale). They will work with mini-z or any hobby grade transmitter.

I haven't got a chance to buy one yet, but I've heard many good things. The are available in the tinyrc shop. Namuna will attest to them.

While superslick cars aren't necessarily the best, I was sure happy when they got super cheap, especially all the motor kits. Their trucks are pretty good as well, though still non proportional.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:16 AM
Hulk smash!

Yup, I've got 2 Epochs (make SURE you get the spec-2, if you're going to buy them).

Fantastic little beasts! Fully proportional and FAST! We even have a sister-site dedicated to just these little buggers:
http://epoch1-43.com/

The especially nice thing about these little guys is that they run on standard 27MHz AM frequency so you can buy as many as you want for racing with buddies (as long as you've got enough crystals) and even use your own Tx for better configs (I use the Perfex Tx from my Mini-Z).

Last edited by Namuna; 12-15-2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:36 PM

I'd love to try my MicroZ GTs ( 1:50 ) on those tracks.
Nice coin-ops in the background btw.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:20 AM

Yeah, I think 43 scale would be about the biggest for the track I have in my basement.

Over the weekend me and my buddies added about another 13 feet off track. we have more twists now and it makes for better racing.

I have a total of 8 ZZ SE's and we have a bunch of bodies and a couple of different tires sets and motors.

We found that the stock motors work very well for this track, fast enought to be fun, but NOT to too fast to become uncontrolable.

Before we use the track, I normally use a Swifer to clean the surface and remove light dust.

Sometime I just hover my RC helicopter over the track and that creates a nice wind storm that dust can not stand up too. We use the helicopter as a leaf blower.. hehehehe (link to chopper pics)http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/24728/

Well this weekend should be great, the weather is cold so we play indoors and what better way then to race....

I am looking for a nice lap counter that can score for 2 or more cars.

** Yeah the arcade cabnets are another hobby of mine, and one is a MAME box with over 2400 games.