TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-10-2003, 08:52 PM
Told ya.

Send a message via AIM to sessiz10
Shen Vs. Precious

I bought a precious clone a while back at the hobbytown and was extremely impressed with the quality and speed of the clone. In the forums here I have read a few people reply with "Shens are better". So tonight as me and my wife were shopping in the mall I stopped by the kiosk that sells clones. Low and behold mixed in with the fit racers and the thunderbolts was a shen qi wei (1 shen meant for me I guess). I did not listen to my wife and bought one, cause I here they are better than my precious. Well after playing with the shen and the precious for an hour (all stock) I have come to this conclusion.

THE BREAKDOWN

BODY
The shen body is not clear, it's white plastic painted well with bad stickers.
The precious is clear plastic with a nice paint job and bad stickers.
The precious wins.

CHASSIS
The shen chasis is black and the pcb cover is black (non translucent). The craftmanship of the chasis is good as compared to some other clones.
The precious chasis is a light grey and the pcb cover is clear. The craftmanship of the chassis is good.
The precious wins. If only for the fact that the color of the chassis is different and the pcb cover is clear.

STEERING
The shen did not steer well out of the dome, but after a minor adjustment it was strait.
The precious steered straight right out of the bullet.
This one is a tie because they both steer straight.

THE SPEED
The shen's speed is funny. It has allright torque but excellent top end. I'ld say a 2.4 or 2.6. The color of the motor is like a peach color (the first I've seen, not red not pink but peach) What really impressed me is that it is almost an exact duplicate of a zip zap motor. If I saw just the motor I would say it was a zip.The handling of the car at full speed was not unlike a real bit (donuts at turn)
The precious speed is great. It has both excellent top end and torque. I'ld rate it at 3.0 easy. The color of the precious motor is white. The handling is great it donuts less than any other clone or bit that I've had.
I'm gonna call this 1 a tie also, only cause I was impressed with the shen motor's make, but the precious is quicker and handles better.

TX
These were the same quality. The only difference was the color and stickers.

MISC.
The gears on the shen are white including the pinion and they are also very quiet. The rims are shiny and the tires are a medium.
The precious gears are green with a green pinion, also very quiet. The rims are nice and medium tires.
What ya know, another tie.

THE VERDICT
Draw your own conclusions. These are my observations and in my book the precious is a better car. My reasons for that opinion are based on the body, chassis and overall speed and handling of the precious. I hope this helps someone.

Meh.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:18 PM
DriFt OnLi

Send a message via AIM to takumi_drifto Send a message via Yahoo to takumi_drifto
Hmm Im still on the shen side, maybe if there is a drag match at stock we can deicide heheher..
Old 01-10-2003, 09:23 PM
Corolla Power!

Send a message via AIM to Pojo
I like the Shen's black pcb cover, but yes, I agree with you on your personal choice of car. The clear body really tilts the scales for me, because I hate the cheapo Shen-style plastic shells. Also, the peach Shen motor has a little bit too much torque. Well, at least mine did; it was so brutal it wouldn't do much more than donuts in my Tomys.

Old 01-10-2003, 09:26 PM
Told ya.

Do you own a precious clone? Have you dragged a precious clone? I can answer yes to both. Maybe I was just lucky here or unlucky depending on what side you're looking at, but My precious clone is better than my shen. I can also say that they are both better than either of my panthers.

Meh.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:28 PM
Corolla Power!

Yup, Shen and a Precious. The Shen became a parts car, and the Precious went to my friend. Nevertheless, the Precious is a better choice if you can find one for cheap.

Old 01-10-2003, 09:38 PM
DriFt OnLi

Send a message via AIM to takumi_drifto Send a message via Yahoo to takumi_drifto
Wow Pojo.. parts car. a loly parts car.. *sighs*
Old 01-10-2003, 09:40 PM
Corolla Power!

Well, would you rather repair your bit and have a nice little parts car and controller, or have a crapped out bit and a perfectly good clone?

Old 01-10-2003, 10:10 PM
shocon2k

I've never actually used or even seen a Precious clone, but just because they have that gray chassis and clear cover, I wouldn't buy one. I think the Shen looks badass with the all black look, and I got a black motor clip (heat sink), so it looks awesome. Then I threw a fullsize wheelset on there with bright orange tires, so now its a really, ummm, interesting, looking car. I like it.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:30 PM
Mr. Goop

Send a message via Yahoo to Spanky
i got two of each. two precious and two shen... i also have 4 tomys now too.. hands down the precious is better than the shen. i didnt do any mods to any of the clones and both of the precious ran excellent. the shen were good. but were slow compared when racing the precious. one other great aspect of the precious is the antenna on the car. although its longer than others, its also a thicker gauge of wire which allows me greater distance than the others.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:58 PM
DriFt OnLi

Hmmmm I gave my cousin a prcious for xmas.. but i still can smoke him with my shen hooked up to a amazingly fast 3.8 haha.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:19 PM
shanly

im siding with shens....i tried a precious clone and i wasnt pleased with my results. i bought a shen and right outta the dome it was a lil' ripper! the thing was really fast. shen gets an A+. also, shocon2k's car does have that facinating look to it. it actually looks really good
Old 01-10-2003, 11:36 PM
VuN86

around how much are the shens and precious? and from best to worst how would u put these cars Microsizer, Zip Zap, Shen, Precious?
Old 01-10-2003, 11:54 PM
Told ya.

Quote:
Originally posted by shocon2k
I've never actually used or even seen a Precious clone, but just because they have that gray chassis and clear cover, I wouldn't buy one.
I wouldn't buy one for those reasons either. Did you read the whole post, or did you just quit reading at that part?

Precious = $12
Shen = $15( the guy at the kiosk wanted 19.99 but I talked him down.)
1st. Precious
2nd. Shen
3rd. Microsizer
I'm not going to group zip zaps in here because I believe it's a different animal.
Bits = Drag/speed demons
Zip zaps = Tech racers

Meh.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Corolla Power!

Well, I like my Tomy/Hobbico cars better than the clones, but yes, the Precious is a fantastic little package for the money.

Old 01-11-2003, 12:03 AM
VuN86

Wow so a precious is only $12 have u ever ran into any problems with them i hear clones are real bad alot of times cause the gears don't mesh well or like when u get near appliances then go crazy u ever get anything like that before? o and where can u buy precious? o also what did u mean by tech racers like it's only for hook ups and looking nice? sorry bout all the questions