TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 07-28-2003, 12:49 AM
I have a beach ball...

Send a message via AIM to Murcielago659
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for. Ever since I put my 4.2 pro in it seems like all it does is flip. I have to let off the boost WAY before I can turn it otherwise it's flip time. The really bad part is with my range mods it's usually all the way across the room when it does it, and a lot of the time I just don't feel like getting it.

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 *DEAD*
Becoming a donor car for:

'04 Ford Mustang Cobra
Soon to be fetted, li-ioned, and all kinds of other goodies.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:51 AM
SkyLiNEz 4-eva!

dude that is awesome. did you make that audi Nuvolari body? that is wicked! although i am a bit concerned with the intake outlets in the bumper. they dont look like the ones in the real concept car. that would be sweet if they made it. 600 hp V-10....Goddamn....I WANT ONE!!
Old 07-28-2003, 12:54 AM
SkyLiNEz 4-eva!

im using my car on slick wood floor and whenever i hit boost it drives, does a 360 and keeps going and does that every 2 feet. what surface should i try it on?
Old 07-28-2003, 01:01 AM
Rice Me

Send a message via ICQ to nrmcj Send a message via AIM to nrmcj
lol, yeah murcie, i know

personally, i like the thinner spokes of tuner-look rims, ie. volk TE37s, the new enkei's, and some of the older OZ racing rims, but that black, thick 5 spoke design aint all that bad either ^__^

the handling is helped a LOT... less flips, more grip, but the main drawback to this mod is that the tires are TOO sticky. they pick up crap like mad, and u gotta race on a perfectly clean surface, or those tires are gonna pick up every damn speck of dust there is . still, less flipping = less paint scratched off my supra.

damn man... drizz you pwn with the custom bodies.. do you freehand putty? or use tools...? (lefttoe on bitpimps rite?) i did some freehand putty lips the other day... waiting for a contest to bust it out tho

skyline, clean them tires... and the floor.

Good Luck with the mods dudes!

Last edited by nrmcj; 07-28-2003 at 01:04 AM.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:04 AM
SkyLiNEz 4-eva!

they are both cleen. what surface should i drive on to try the wheelie? the wood is too slick
Old 07-28-2003, 01:14 AM
phear meh..............

yea, im lefftoe in da hood........

http://lefftoe.tripod.com/nuvo/
the nuvo was a skyline i chopped up and slammed for the bitpimps contest.
took bout a week to make, and there are alot of details that i will add to it eventually....like a full chrome grille that im prolly gonna make outta solder.........and i can fit 3 surface mount leds in each headlight.......but i gotta a few other projects i wanna finish up....like an enzo zip thats in the works.......
Old 07-28-2003, 01:21 AM
I have a beach ball...

Send a message via AIM to Murcielago659
My car wheelies best on my vinyl topped card table. I just back it up with the boost on and then jam it forward and it'll do it the length of the table.

Edit: I've also found that the body you use really affects the way it wheelies. My ferarri does it best, I guess it's just top heavy enough to do it. My RX-7 body doesn't do it as well, but I still get a pretty good hop out of it. And finally, my NSX pullback body is somewhere in between.

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 *DEAD*
Becoming a donor car for:

'04 Ford Mustang Cobra
Soon to be fetted, li-ioned, and all kinds of other goodies.

Last edited by Murcielago659; 07-28-2003 at 01:23 AM.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:46 AM
custom title

Send a message via AIM to eman1
Can you please explain in depth the spacer idea?
Was there a spacer on the stock rear axle? Because last week both rims came loose on the axle, so i reglued them, and they wiggle a tiny bit to the left and right. Like there should be a spacer there but there isnt.

so you put the pullback rear rims on the stock rear axle, and you put the pullback front rims with its own pin in the bit char-g knuckles. right?
Why cant you just use the pullback knuckles?
And how do you get the bit char-g rims off the bit char-g knuckles without wrecking everything?
sorry for all the questions, and thanks for all the replies and pictures!
perfection 200mah battery
Pullback wheel mod

Plantraco desktop rover for sale
email me at eman54@optonline.net if you want it
Old 07-28-2003, 11:01 AM
CaboWabo

here's an article I wrote about installing pullbacks on your bit, should help.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:04 AM
Rice Me

Send a message via ICQ to nrmcj Send a message via AIM to nrmcj
hmm, pool table = best surface ever... but if your tires are clean, you should be able to pop wheelies anywhere, provided you have the power. if i use water to clean my tires, i can lift the front end when running on a glass table

lol, damn drizz.... nice work.

eman: basically, the spacer that you want is for the front wheels. when you pull the pullback wheel off, there will be a black extra part on the inner edge of the wheel, that the axle fits into. you should cut one of them off so that the wheel sits against the gear. the other one, leave it on. The spacers are not for the rear wheels, they are for the front wheels. they should be about 2 millimeters thick at most.

you will have to cut the rear axle a SLIGHT bit on both sides to have the pullback wheels sit at the correct spacing to hug the body, but allow it to spin. simply make a mark where you want the rim to be, and cut/sand down the axle to the correct length. NEVER cut it too much at a time tho.

The front pullback wheels go on the front bit knuckles. you cant use pullback knuckles because they're not the same thing, and arent going to work with the steering arm in the bit.

to get the wheels and pins out, im sure there's a tutorial kicking around at bitpimps, but in short, find a stack of paper that's been hole punched, get a nail and a hammer, and bang the pin out of the knuckle. If you are using TOMY knuckles, this takes time, as well as patience. i killed many a knuckle last nite :P. if it's a clone, then it's a LOT easier.

hope that helps

*Edit: daaaaaamn cabo... if i knew you were gonna post that link, i wouldnta wrote this essay... lol

Last edited by nrmcj; 07-28-2003 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:09 AM
CaboWabo

lol @ Pie, just think though... your typing skills are that much better!
plus it never hearts to hear it explained another way
Old 07-28-2003, 06:23 PM
custom title

thanks.
just one think i dont quite understand is the spacers. You cut off the one on the wheel that goes up against the gear, but leave the one on the other side right.
Then for the front, what kind of spacers do i need?
I will be putting the front pullback rims on the front of my bit char-g. Do i put any spacers or not?
Pullback wheel mod

Old 07-28-2003, 06:24 PM
custom title

and where can i get the pullbacks for a good price in the usa?
I found this place http://www.merchantmanager.com/jspec....ASP?pageno=47
Pullback wheel mod

Old 07-28-2003, 07:53 PM
custom title

i understand the rear end with pie's simple instructions. Can i please have a close up picture of the spacer you put on the front end?
do you only need the spacer when you put the rear pullback wheels on the front, or do you need it no matter what?
Pullback wheel mod

Old 07-28-2003, 09:51 PM
SkyLiNEz 4-eva!

i think u need it no matter what.