TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 12-13-2002, 01:50 AM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to modifiedcelica
Arrow Is there any good racing anime movies?

Please give me some info on where I can find racing anime
Old 12-13-2002, 02:02 AM
Bit Nutz

Send a message via Yahoo to Racemonster505
ya im looking too i was planning on heading to suncoast store to find racing anime
if you get nickiolden on sundays the have the cartoon SPEED RACER X check your local listings its part of there slam block

Last edited by Racemonster505; 12-13-2002 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-13-2002, 02:26 AM
13B REW

here are some initial d anime DVD's and some import racing ones.

http://store.yahoo.com/iloveracing/videosdvds.html
Old 12-13-2002, 02:42 AM
TinyRC Pro

i just finished watching ex-driver dvd that rented a blockbuster it was pritty good. But still the best racing anime is initial d. you might be able to find some fansub episods online. if not i know tokyopop is going to be releasing it in US (hopfully they'll do a good job translating it). the manga is already out and is great (exept the name change tokyopop did).
Old 12-13-2002, 08:31 AM
smoove operator

Initial D ROCKS! I get all my Anime at http://www.discountanimedvd.com/, if you don't mind sub-titles then this is the best place i've found with the best prices. Personallly I prefer OG anime to the dubbed... it kinda losses something in the translation plus they don't retain the music either, just my $.02.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:18 PM
go Go GO, JBit Mifune!

I agree- Initial D is worth grabbing. If you have broadband you can find fan sites that stream Initial D episodes for free if you want to check it out to see if you want to buy the whole thing for quality viewing later.
Old 12-13-2002, 02:11 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to modifiedcelica
Can you give me a web site so I can download episodes?
Old 12-13-2002, 02:48 PM
www.d1gp.com

Send a message via AIM to MTL
exdriver movie came out i think a few weeks ago on dvd in japan..
ohh cant wait
although exdriver isnt about street racing, it has lots of kool cars,...its just an excuse to have them really

well...for initial d movies, you sorta have to watch the whole series to make some sense of the story..
the Initial D Extra stage is sort of optional, because its just a side story of Maki&Sayuiki in their Sileighty

ive ordered from Discountanimedvd.com before an one time i waited like almost 3 weeks for my stuff because they had to reorder from wherever....
Old 12-13-2002, 03:11 PM
smoove operator

Quote:
Originally posted by MTL
ive ordered from Discountanimedvd.com before an one time i waited like almost 3 weeks for my stuff because they had to reorder from wherever....
I had ordered every stage all at once and it took about 3 weeks for me too, but my last order took only 1 week. Well it was worth it to me.
Old 12-13-2002, 09:26 PM
TinyRC Pro

to find intial d fansubs u might want try looking for them on irc thats where i got almost all of mine. how good is the quality of the intial D dvd from Discountanimedvd.com cus i might buy a few cus i heard some bad things that tokyopop was doing to the series.
Old 12-14-2002, 01:53 AM
TinyRC Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by Senshi
how good is the quality of the intial D dvd from Discountanimedvd.com cus i might buy a few cus i heard some bad things that tokyopop was doing to the series.
I would also like to know how the picture quality is on the DVD. I, too, was going to hold out for Toykopop's DVD release but I have heard that they will be "Westernizing" the show. Hopefully, if it is only name changes, they will limit that to the Dub and keep the original langauge track as intended.

If anyone has any more information on an expected US release date of Initial D from Tokyopop, please share.
Old 12-14-2002, 04:58 AM
TinyRC Pro

i heard that they were going to try to change it so it could put on TV. But they are going to try to aim it at the YU-GI-HO crowd . As u said if its only the dubbed version that they change the names on, that fine by me i only watch dubbed anime for laughs anyway.
Old 12-14-2002, 09:13 AM
smoove operator

Damn that tokyopop, they had already made changes when they released the manga by altering dialect and of all things the character names (now the reasoning for that I just can't fathom)
Shuichi Shigeno needs to step in and remind them whos the artist. It's a terrible disappointment.

Spy021, to answer your question get the OG if you want to experience the true story. The only problem I had was with the video conversion of the Third stage movie, the 16x9 format did not make the transition properly... so the picture will appear stretched from top to bottom. If you can get past this you'll be OK!
Old 12-14-2002, 11:16 AM
TinyRC Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by kwikbb
Spy021, to answer your question get the OG if you want to experience the true story. The only problem I had was with the video conversion of the Third stage movie, the 16x9 format did not make the transition properly... so the picture will appear stretched from top to bottom. If you can get past this you'll be OK!
Pardon my ignorance... Could you elaborate on what exactly the "OG" is and where I might find such a copy?

Thanks!
Old 12-14-2002, 11:33 AM
da da dum da dum da da

ha i hate tokyopop they are changing the music too i saw a preview tralier it had a song that was lie rap/rock it was gay in the song they made up meanings for the D in Initial D there hella dumb and they called the hachi-roku an eighty-six its supposed to be eight-six

"i'll let you win, on one condition beat me"-me

racing down akina