TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/64 and Smaller > ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE > ZipZaps

Old 12-31-2002, 08:34 PM
The Lexan Body Pro!

Would u guys wanna buy, Pre Painted lexan bodys???

Ok im gonna be ordering some lexan bodys for my ZZ, i ordered about 8 of them and i have 1 car. Im gonna paint them all and might be interested in selling some of them. Something im thinking about doing is, after i paint this bunch if i sell some of them, and make enuff that i can order more, ill take a few orders for what body u want and how u want it painted. I have done alot of 1/10 scale lexan bodys, most of those are 3 or 4 color paint jobs that came out very well. Ill post pictures off this bunch of bodys, (if i can get some) and u can see how i do on the smaller bodys, the first 8 that i have on order will sell rather cheap since it will kinda be my test bacth, i may not sell any off this 8 if they dont come out right.

But what im getting at is, i might start taking order and custom painting bodys for the ZipZaps. I will order them from Scale-Auto and paint them once i get them and then send them to you. All i would need from u is what body u want, and how u want it painted. Im not really sure how much to charge for them either, im thinking around 7 to 10 dollars depending on how detailed the paint job is. this may seem like alot, but its about 2 bucks a body at scale auto, and its 6 dollars shipping for 3 to 4 day mail (cheapest) so i will defiantly have to wait till i have a few orders to justafiy the shipping cost. I also have the cost of paint brushes tape so on. I can also trim them for an extra buck or 2.

So basicly i just wanna know from u guys is, are you interested in this, and how much would u pay for a Pre-Painted lexan body, painted the way u want.

I also want to add that the lexan bodys are light and will my ur ZZ much faster.

Any other questions u have just post em here ill answer them asap. And im no where near ready to start taking orders, it will be about 2 weeks before im ready, mostly depending on how soon i get the bodys i have on order now.

Thanks for ur time.
Old 12-31-2002, 09:34 PM
I really should change my title...

Send a message via AIM to bagelbm
Well it would depend how well you were of a painter and how much you jacked up the price.

If both were good deals, then I would definitly be interested.
FF Upgrade Kit/AmericanBodies UpgradeKit
Old 12-31-2002, 09:39 PM

One more thing, just for an example, here's how much I'd be willing to pay.

Here's what it's worth to me.

2$= body kit

3$= cheapest shipping

3-4$ = the paintjob.

Well I don't know how good you are, if you're a professional level painter or something I'm sure SOME people with a respect for that kind of thing would pay a ton, no matter how cool I don't think I'd want to pay more than $15 w/ s/h for any body kit.
Old 12-31-2002, 09:53 PM
Told ya.

Send a message via AIM to sessiz10
I'ld be interested if the price was right, no more than $10 shipped.
On a side note what does .007 and .010 mean and which fit the zips?

Meh.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:00 PM

If I had to guess, which I dont, but I will. I'd say its some measurement of thickness. But I'm just guessing.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:14 PM
The Lexan Body Pro!

yeah its how thick the body is. .010 is thicker than .007 fyi
Old 12-31-2002, 10:37 PM
isk8element too.

Send a message via Yahoo to isk8blind
dude ill buy

hey i will pay $7-ish if you paint me a car with blue flames and leave the rest of it silver email me at tonyusa3@yahoo.com to work somethin out
Old 01-01-2003, 05:40 AM
SS'mokin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to ZipZap "SS" Send a message via Yahoo to ZipZap "SS"
I'd buy...

These prices are dirt cheap! Labor is expensive stuff...and it takes time to paint these little buggers! Do let us know if and when these services become available!

Chris
Old 01-01-2003, 08:44 AM

Are they that cheap on ebay?
Old 01-01-2003, 08:53 AM
The Lexan Body Pro!

Thanks for great respone's

Thanks guys, i wanna get this started Im mailing my order tomorow, so hopfully i will have this order of bodys by the 15th or so, i actuly might wait a day and get a money order that way ill get them alot sooner. Here what i thinking right now for prices.

10 bucks shipped for one color paint job (windows clear or blacked out)

1 to 2 dollars more for each extra color.

then another 1 if u want the headlights and tail lights painted, rather than being the color of the body, (im not sure if these bodys have decals for them or not, but on my 1/10 bodys i always paint the tail lights it looks alot better than a decal)

then another 1 or 2 bucks to trim it,

So u can have a 1 color body out the door for ten bucks. Trimming them shouldnt be hard i just need a hobby knife, But if i do them ill be using a dremal with a sanding drum.

One more thing is i am gonna start off doing ONLY stirps, and 2 tone paint jobs(and other smiple designs), im not gonna be doing stuff like flames just yet, i wanna do a few body of mine in flames and then once i perfect it, ill start doing them for other poeple, flames and technical stuff may cost a bit more.

Thanks again
Old 01-01-2003, 08:59 AM
The Lexan Body Pro!

Quote:
Are they that cheap on ebay?
bagel i honestly dont know i dont check E-bay much, but ill jump over there today and see what they are selling for.

sessiz10--- i belive they will all fit the ZZ they onyl ones that wont, is i rember seeing a few that were dragsters and said (long) after the name, so they prolly wont fit but all others should.

Last edited by headhunter555; 01-01-2003 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:35 AM
Chunk

I already have 12 lexan bodies and would love some others.

How exactly are you going to paint them and will you pre-cut the wheel wells to fit the zips? Can't wait to see a few finished. I love Lexan bodies because they're so light.
imaginary friend.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:38 AM

Do they sell any kits with squarish corners like a sky line or something, that you would paint black?

There's some batman tiny r/c sticker things on ebay , I might try and make a batmobile.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:17 AM
The Lexan Body Pro!

Stridex---Im gonna try painting them using spray cans and brushes, for one color paint jobs i think the spray cans will work better. So i really just need to experament with the ones i got come, then i can answer ur question a little better.

As for how to im trimming them i mentioned that in one of my earlier posts, then ill prolly be using a dremal with a sanding drum. Ill prolly make it like 1 dollar more to trim it and hit it perfectly on a ZZ, that doesnt include putting the little slits that the stock bodys have, because if u want to mount it with velcro, there are no need for them, but if u want them on it ill do them just need to request it.

bagelbm---im not sure ur best bet is to check out the link im my orginal post.
Old 01-01-2003, 12:49 PM
Chunk

No need to do the slits for me. In fact, out of all the lexan bodies I've found and purchased, zero of them would fit that way. If you've found some that do, that's a different story. I plan on mounting them with pins (like 1/24 lexan rc's) or as you mentioned, using velcro. If people want added speed, the lexan bodies are a must mod. As I mentioned in a post a couple of days ago, it's like racing the zip without even having a body. They weight absolutely nothing.

Regarding painting: Make sure you paint form the underneath. That's the neat thing about Lexan bodies. They're so thin that you can do this and let the lexan itself act as the glossy finish. Just tape the windows and spray. To prevent overspray, paint them before you do any trimming. Painting Lexan is VERY tedious. I love the idea of having someone else do it for me. Do a good job at the right price and you have yourself a long time buyer.

HINT: Consider buying a vaccum mold and making them yourself for more profit. This way you can vaccum mold stencils as well and cut your painting time in half. You'll also be able to make designs your current supplier doesn't sell.
imaginary friend.