TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/64 and Smaller > Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, Z-Cars, Clones > Bit Char-G / MicroSizers

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 07-04-2003, 08:36 AM
boho's Avatar
boho boho is offline
Camera springs
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Okinawa
Posts: 222
duall cells for drifting

I wanted to let people know about this. I recently did an internal dual-cell by taking out the piece of plastic between the battery compartment and the motor compartment. I did leave a little of the bottom part for stability. I did this so the batts would sit back farther. I got the batts to sit almost all the way back to the middle gear pin. Of course I had to restructure the motor connections a little. I'm sorry, but this is a lot of dremel work. So if you don't like dremels, or don't have one, then this might not be the mod for you.

PERFOMANCE: Outstanding. The weight gets distributed much better. I put the stock mediums back on and it handles better then any other car I have. I can drift it much easier then any thing I've seen for the bits yet. We all know drifting bits is easier said then done, but with this mod it took me about 5 minutes to get good with drifting this car. I haven't tried it on carpet yet, but I imagine you would need slicks for drifting on that. IT BARELY EVER SPINS OUT! I go from 0 to mach in a perfect straight line (with a new 3.8). I think because there's more weight in the back then the back tires stick better. It also doesn't flip easily. I have to hit a pot hole to make it flip.

DRAW BACKS: As with most dual-cells, when it gets up to speed it doesn't turn as sharply. So.......... slow down!

If you're good with a dremel, then I would deffinitely give this mod a try.

Sorry if I just posted something that's been posted before.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 740mah Lipo cells and charger, $7.50 Jazz32 Miscellaneous Discussion 5 01-17-2007 11:25 PM
Thin Film Solar Cells, inspired by azimov Jazz32 Miscellaneous Discussion 5 07-23-2006 12:15 AM
Li-on AA cells Desslok XMODS Parts and Hop-Ups 30 04-13-2004 10:01 PM
Selling my skyline with 6 cells! ihatter For Sale/Trade 7 02-04-2004 01:46 PM
button cells for layman's mod TypeZer0 Bit Char-G / MicroSizers 3 06-18-2003 09:18 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Mini Inferno Sale - Up to $85 Instant Savings!
Micro-T Hop-Ups
RC18R, M18, Micro RS4, Mini-LST, TamTech-Gear, Minizilla, RC18T, RC18B, RC18MT
shop.tinyrc.com Products
Tiny RC Community News
[03/17/10] Kyosho Mini-Z F1 MF-010 SP2... : The Kyosho Mini-Z F1 MF-010 SP2 Carbon Limited ASF 2.4GHz Tx-Less Chassis Set - more»
[10/23/09] Kyosho Mini-Z MR-03 In Stock! : The Mini-Z MR-03 (http://mr-03.com) is now In Stock and Pre-Orders are shipping! - more»
[09/06/09] Labor Day Savings - $5 Off... : Labor Day traditionally marks the unofficial end of summer - but we're not ready to let go! So, we - more»
Mini-Z, Mini-Z Racer, MR-02, MA-010
M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
Mini Inferno, Mini Inferno ST, half EIGHT, 1/16, 16th scale
Epoch, Indoor Racer, 1/43, 43rd scale
E-Savage, eSavage, eZilla, e-Zilla, HPI
Robots, Bots, Bipeds, Wheeled, Manoi, Roomba, NXT, Lego, Hacking
Crawling, Crawlers, Micro, RC, Losi Mini-Rock Crawler, Duratrax Cliff Climber
Kyosho Minium, Caliber 120, Minium Forums
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, Mini Inferno Hop-Ups, Mini Inferno Parts, M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts