TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/64 and Smaller > Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, Z-Cars, Clones > Bit Char-G / MicroSizers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-14-2003, 11:34 PM
ViNsAniTy ViNsAniTy is offline
TinyRC Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Unionville, Ontario
Posts: 9
Send a message via ICQ to ViNsAniTy
Unhappy Veer Left

I jsut got a new Rx-7...and it seems to be drifting left, I tried setting the tab on the bottom. Even if I set it all the way to the right it still drifts a little to the left.

Does anyone know why this is, I've taken off all the metal pieces from the bottom of the car and stuff...

oh and btw, it never did that before, just started all of a sudden. I cehcked this forum, and I couldn't really find a thread about this, if there is, could someone please direct me to it...thanks!
__________________

Last edited by ViNsAniTy; 03-16-2003 at 10:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-14-2003, 11:37 PM
d00kie's Avatar
d00kie d00kie is offline
It's super useless!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 642
Hehe, I'm getting confused with "Drift" in this post.

Wonder why anyone would complain about a car that will do neat drifts if you slam the Left turn button.

Well, you should check the steering magnet inside and clean up the bottom of the chassis from dust to metal pieces because they attract the steering magnet and you will get significantly less steering power. Could it be a missing steering spring?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-14-2003, 11:40 PM
ViNsAniTy ViNsAniTy is offline
TinyRC Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Unionville, Ontario
Posts: 9
Send a message via ICQ to ViNsAniTy
haha...maybe I picked the wrong title, I wasn't sure what to call it...

anyways, I was wondering how I could check the magnet, I'm not sure how to open the front part to do that...hehe afraid I'm gonna break it...anyone wanna tell me how to open the front?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-14-2003, 11:57 PM
nrmcj's Avatar
nrmcj nrmcj is offline
Rice Me
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 1,444
Send a message via ICQ to nrmcj Send a message via AIM to nrmcj
i think there's a good explanation by tiny in one of the stickies....

or find ausmicro.. they got pix!
__________________
*AMC* - Why Are You All So Try?!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-15-2003, 10:24 AM
Hatchet_Dan's Avatar
Hatchet_Dan Hatchet_Dan is offline
Juggalo Bit Drag Racer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Detroit,Michigan
Posts: 294
Send a message via AIM to Hatchet_Dan
i almsot had a heart attack when i had to open my first bit but i had some friends from here walk me through it its not really that bad just remove the pbc cover move the pbc to the side remove the screw and the rest just pops off
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-15-2003, 10:49 AM
TypeZer0's Avatar
TypeZer0 TypeZer0 is offline
0reZepyT
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 804
if it suddenly decided to veer left when it was fine before, either you crashed it kinda hard and need to check the steering assembly or check if dust or debris has gotten caught in the wheels. spin the two front wheels to make sure it spins freely. take out the rear axle and remove any dust and hair caught on it
__________________
Friends (Joey's Bag)
Rachel: Exactly! Unisex!
Joey: Maybe you need sex. I had sex a couple days ago.
Rachel: No! No Joey! U-N-I-sex.
Joey: Well, I ain't gonna say no to that.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-15-2003, 11:06 AM
ViNsAniTy ViNsAniTy is offline
TinyRC Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Unionville, Ontario
Posts: 9
Send a message via ICQ to ViNsAniTy
I'm pretty sure it's not the wheels, I've ran the car and since I'm running stock, it goes slow enough so I could see them spin, and there doesn't seem to be anything coiled around the axels.

I don't have a screwdriver handy for opening up the front assembly (I didn't have one to open the battery compartment either) I really need a screwdriver!

When I do open it up, what should I look for? Symmetry in the coils? Stuff caught to the magnet?

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-15-2003, 11:14 AM
dustn's Avatar
dustn dustn is offline
Poor Student
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 216
Send a message via AIM to dustn Send a message via Yahoo to dustn
my guess would be a bent steering return spring. this happened to my clone and it would not go straight even with full trim. I fixed the spring and its perfect now. Since the spring determines where the steering arm centers, this is almost certainly your problem.
__________________
Fight Crime <--> Shoot Back
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-15-2003, 11:15 AM
kwikbb's Avatar
kwikbb kwikbb is offline
smoove operator
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: East Coast Reprezent'n
Posts: 1,049
Quote:
Originally posted by ViNsAniTy
When I do open it up, what should I look for? Symmetry in the coils? Stuff caught to the magnet?

You wanna check for magnet alignment first off... if you have access to a can of compressed air, it would be good idea to give it a shot and blow out any debris.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-15-2003, 11:17 AM
ViNsAniTy ViNsAniTy is offline
TinyRC Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Unionville, Ontario
Posts: 9
Send a message via ICQ to ViNsAniTy
Quote:
Originally posted by dustn
I fixed the spring and its perfect now. Since the spring determines where the steering arm centers, this is almost certainly your problem.
by "fixed the spring" what does that entail?...you bought a new spring?...You bent it back?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-15-2003, 11:19 AM
dustn's Avatar
dustn dustn is offline
Poor Student
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 216
Send a message via AIM to dustn Send a message via Yahoo to dustn
i bent it back. Just make sure it doesnt jump out of your hands and get lost forever. if you have an extra straight one, i'd say use that, but they arent too hard to bend back if you are careful
__________________
Fight Crime <--> Shoot Back
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-15-2003, 07:19 PM
ViNsAniTy ViNsAniTy is offline
TinyRC Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Unionville, Ontario
Posts: 9
Send a message via ICQ to ViNsAniTy
thanks alot, I wish I could afford a new "extra straaight" one, but like you I'm a poor student as well ...

I'll try that, I hope I don't drop it, I'm very clumsy sometimes...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-16-2003, 10:34 AM
dustn's Avatar
dustn dustn is offline
Poor Student
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 216
Send a message via AIM to dustn Send a message via Yahoo to dustn
let us know if you fixed it
__________________
Fight Crime <--> Shoot Back
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-16-2003, 10:44 AM
SuperFly's Avatar
SuperFly SuperFly is offline
bitPimp
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 167
Send a message via AIM to SuperFly
Hold the phone! I had this happen and it was because one of my rear wheels had begun to spin freely on the axle. Normally, they are both solid and stay in place on the axle, transferring power to both wheels equally. When one comes loose, all the power is going to one side and causes the the car to veer. Test it with a different rear axle.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-16-2003, 10:48 AM
dustn's Avatar
dustn dustn is offline
Poor Student
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 216
Send a message via AIM to dustn Send a message via Yahoo to dustn
hmm... didnt think of that. could be.
__________________
Fight Crime <--> Shoot Back
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Drifting explained steelo Miscellaneous Discussion 5 07-14-2007 07:35 AM
Drift Guide 2fast4u XMODS 30 01-20-2007 06:27 PM
Stock ZZ drifting? Elpizo ZipZaps 6 11-06-2006 08:04 PM
Unequal Right and Left Turning Radius Fix backtrack9 XMODS Mods and Projects 20 10-02-2004 01:32 AM
xmods drift kit review jaubery XMODS 1 09-13-2004 03:25 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Mini Inferno Sale - Up to $85 Instant Savings!
Micro-T Hop-Ups
RC18R, M18, Micro RS4, Mini-LST, TamTech-Gear, Minizilla, RC18T, RC18B, RC18MT
shop.tinyrc.com Products
Tiny RC Community News
[03/17/10] Kyosho Mini-Z F1 MF-010 SP2... : The Kyosho Mini-Z F1 MF-010 SP2 Carbon Limited ASF 2.4GHz Tx-Less Chassis Set - more»
[10/23/09] Kyosho Mini-Z MR-03 In Stock! : The Mini-Z MR-03 (http://mr-03.com) is now In Stock and Pre-Orders are shipping! - more»
[09/06/09] Labor Day Savings - $5 Off... : Labor Day traditionally marks the unofficial end of summer - but we're not ready to let go! So, we - more»
Mini-Z, Mini-Z Racer, MR-02, MA-010
M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
Mini Inferno, Mini Inferno ST, half EIGHT, 1/16, 16th scale
Epoch, Indoor Racer, 1/43, 43rd scale
E-Savage, eSavage, eZilla, e-Zilla, HPI
Robots, Bots, Bipeds, Wheeled, Manoi, Roomba, NXT, Lego, Hacking
Crawling, Crawlers, Micro, RC, Losi Mini-Rock Crawler, Duratrax Cliff Climber
Kyosho Minium, Caliber 120, Minium Forums
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, Mini Inferno Hop-Ups, Mini Inferno Parts, M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts