
11-07-2002, 05:36 PM
|
|
Registered User
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 17
|
|
|
Crip Cap on the Booster Controller!!!
I found this post on another forum. This guy seems like he did a lot of trial and error before finding this.
Anyone wanna give it a try? Let me know if it works...
_____________________________________________
The suspense is over. Here are the instructions. This is a little harder than the normal crip cap instructions. If you don't have a soldering iron this will be impossible to do.
1. Take apart your controller
2. Find Capacitors C5 and C6
3. Remove C5 with a Soldering Iron. you will notice that C5 bridges 2 sections of the foil together. Add a small wire or extra solder to bridge these two together
4. Remove C6. Be very careful not to disturb the components around it. It's pretty tight quarters to work around.
Thats it. I've played around with my car for about 15 minutes now and I can run it from one end of my house to the other (at least 30 feet) I'm not sure the total range in feet. But this is far enough for me.
|

11-12-2002, 05:11 PM
|
 |
yellow fish forever!
|
|
Join Date: May 2002
Location: seattle seattle
Posts: 476
|
|
|
yes please...i wanna know too...this would be the best thing to happen to bits in awhile.
__________________
Extended wheelbase. Trim lever is almost left at default position. I feel, very, scary.
|

11-12-2002, 06:16 PM
|
 |
yellow fish forever!
|
|
Join Date: May 2002
Location: seattle seattle
Posts: 476
|
|
wee gonna try it now, don't have much to lose!
__________________
Extended wheelbase. Trim lever is almost left at default position. I feel, very, scary.
|

11-12-2002, 10:38 PM
|
 |
yellow fish forever!
|
|
Join Date: May 2002
Location: seattle seattle
Posts: 476
|
|
|
heh..not skilled enough...oh well, i never used that controller anyways. Is freakin hard...as stated before, hard to find what to solder and unsolder, and its cramped.
__________________
Extended wheelbase. Trim lever is almost left at default position. I feel, very, scary.
|

11-19-2002, 11:16 PM
|
|
TinyRC Newbie
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6
|
|
|
Sorry to bump something so soon after joining boards, but has anyone actually confirmend this? If so, it'll be the first thing I do tomorrow morning....
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.
|
|