
10-07-2002, 12:41 PM
|
|
TinyRC Pro
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 34
|
|
|
Where can I buy 1.2v 100mah batteries?
Looking to upgrade from 1.2v batteries. Did mos tof you use a single 2.4v 100mah battery? or just go with 2 1.2v 100mah batteries?
I haven't been able to find any online/local anywhere in the US.
Thanks!
|

10-07-2002, 12:48 PM
|
 |
Hulk smash!
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,193
|
|
There's no such thing as a NiCd/NiMH with 2.4v @ 100mAH in 1/3aaa size battery...Not single cell anyway.
You can buy a 1.2v @ 120mAH battery RIGHT HERE at TinyRC:
http://tinyrc.com/shop/product.php?pid=175
Or, you can wait a little while...Rumor has it that TinyRC is getting in high capacity (>150mAH) batts!
|

10-07-2002, 01:00 PM
|
|
TinyRC Pro
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 34
|
|
|
Thanks!
Didn't even occur to check the sites store, geez!
I ended up picking up two of the 1.2v 120mah batteries from the site to stick together in series with my NOS motor.
|

10-07-2002, 01:13 PM
|
 |
Hulk smash!
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,193
|
|
Now you're talkin!
|

10-07-2002, 02:04 PM
|
|
I really should change my title...
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 98
|
|
|
Re: Thanks!
Quote:
Originally posted by Undead98
Didn't even occur to check the sites store, geez! 
I ended up picking up two of the 1.2v 120mah batteries from the site to stick together in series with my NOS motor.
|
Yeah, good luck. I still cant get a straight answer on how to charge a 2 cell configuration. How long with a modded ZIP ZAP controller? 90 seconds? or 45 seconds? Etc. I get angry just thinking about it.
|

10-07-2002, 02:27 PM
|
|
TinyRC Pro
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 34
|
|
|
Two consecutive charges
I figured I would need to charge it twice in a row to get both batteries. (approx. 45 sec per charge) since they are in series. I think of it like two fuel tanks, once one fills up, when more fuel is added (second charge) it will overflow to the second tank.
Did I just confuse myself? I think so...
|

10-07-2002, 02:27 PM
|
 |
Hulk smash!
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,193
|
|
|
Re: Re: Thanks!
Quote:
Originally posted by joeNuggetz
Yeah, good luck. I still cant get a straight answer on how to charge a 2 cell configuration. How long with a modded ZIP ZAP controller? 90 seconds? or 45 seconds? Etc. I get angry just thinking about it.
|
Here's your answer bubba...
For the 2.4v batteries, you want be charging at a rate of 2.4v @ 1.5Amps for the 45seconds (to get the equivalent runtime of the normal battery at the normal charging parameters)
Here's the problem...If you're using the charging station as-is, without modifying it for higher output, then you're not properly charging the 2.4v 2-cell batt (because you're sending only 1.5v).
So, go to questformadess' mod #26. It's meant for the Bit Controller but will work on the ZipZap controller as well:
http://tinyrc.com/qfm/racing/mod_07.htm#26
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.
|
|