
08-07-2003, 04:31 PM
|
 |
Modder-Eater
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 296
|
|
|
Tri-Cell setups
For all of u that have laymans tri's or otherwise, what is your gear/motor setup? Mine is ZZ NX motor, teal gears, and REMs. It turns too sharp, and does a half donut when it goes. what are your setups?
Last edited by ZipRC; 08-07-2003 at 05:23 PM.
|

08-07-2003, 04:51 PM
|
 |
I really should change my title...
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 923
|
|
|
For the layman's tricell:
4.2 motor
3.43:1 gears
mosfets
All season treads
|

08-07-2003, 05:21 PM
|
 |
Modder-Eater
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 296
|
|
|
do you have turning/spinout/donut problems?
|

08-07-2003, 07:17 PM
|
 |
I really should change my title...
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 923
|
|
heh heh heh heh....I haven't built it yet
|

08-07-2003, 08:09 PM
|
 |
Told ya.
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY, USA
Posts: 1,214
|
|
TRi cell laymans with the blue zz gears and a 2.6 kit racer is all I need. I find that the higher rpm motors drain the bats quicker. I find tapping the control slightly and laying off the gas  is the best way to avoid a spin out, lay off the gas first and coast into the turn. You could also try some wider rims, I'm gonna put some alloys on to see what's up.
__________________
____________________
Meh.
|

08-08-2003, 11:52 AM
|
 |
Modder-Eater
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 296
|
|
|
well, letting off accel helps alot. I'm running red gears w/ 2.6 rite now. For some reason I find that my ZZ Nos motor might make it run a little faster than the NX. Weird. And for some reason my Shen Qi motors dont even work. I'll test later.
|

08-08-2003, 11:55 AM
|
 |
I really should change my title...
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 923
|
|
The ZZ Nos motor goes even faster than the NX motor? WOW, that IS weird......maybe it's cuz the yellow motor has more torque? And the NX motor can slow down sometimes??? That IS weird, wow!
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
| Thread |
Thread Starter |
Forum |
Replies |
Last Post |
|
Tri cell mod.
|
RobotGT |
Tips, Mods and Reviews |
1 |
02-24-2010 04:27 AM |
|
Tri cell mod
|
RobotGT |
Bit Char-G Mods and Projects |
5 |
09-25-2003 04:22 PM |
|
Tri cell mod
|
RobotGT |
Bit Char-G / MicroSizers |
3 |
07-27-2003 11:06 AM |
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 PM.
|
|