View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 08:52 AM

You don't have to know anything about electronics to make these cars longer. Get a good piece of thin and stiff plastic and cut it to make an extention on the rear. I used the back plastic off of a notebook. I also extended the forks on the rear deck with a piece of metal that I found at hobby lobby. Not sure what it was for but I found it in the train/wood car section. I has a shape like I box with one side missing and it fit around the forks really nice. Drilled a couple of holes attached it to the rear deck with the stock screws and the battery holders with some longer screws. Kept everything nice and rigid.

To be honest that's the easy part. The hard part is the driveshaft. If you want AWD you have to fab a custom driveshaft. To do this I put the chassis at stock length and measure from the front to the back. Then I set up the extended lenghth and measured that. Took the difference and made a custom CF driveshaft that was longer than the stock one by the difference from front to back. Worked out really well. Your only other option is to cut the stock shaft so it's just long enough to go past the rear bearing/driveshaft holder. That works really well too, but you have to glue the gear to the shaft. I used crazy glue and couldn't get the gear back off so I had to buy another motor upgrade.

Hope that helps.