View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 08:23 AM
Xmoddin' Freak

Another weekend...another model conversion. The Batmobile!

Here's the lastest in my weekend excursions of converting model car bodies over to fit Xmods. This time was a bit more of a challenge than Chezoom was. The body was SOOO much longer than even Chezoom, plus I had to do some "work" to the Xmod's receiver and steering servo to get the body to set low enough. The chassis extension alone is about 3" long! I'm also using the model's wheels and tires, but I placed them onto the Xmod's wheels up to the center rib. This, amazingly enough, gave me the perfect width both front and back. Plus, it just looks so cool having "meats" like that in the back. It actually drives pretty good, too. I've driven it around in my kitchen and my theater and while the turning radius is a bit larger, the tires get enough grip. That is until you hit the gas hard, then the backend slides around, which I like to call the "patented Batman slide".

So, without further ado, here's my latest. Let me know what you think. Oh, and disregard the blue tape on the bottom. I'm in the process of making a new extension out of metal, so the plastic and tape are just temporary. And expect full lighting within the week (hopefully!)

Red Supra/New Beetle RSI, AWD, Full Bearings, Team Orion Micro RS4 Stock 180 (10 tooth), Team Orion Micro RS4 Stock 180 (20-tooth), Carbon Fiber Driveshaft by Sluggbug, Metal Lock Nuts, Lithium Ion batteries from AtomicMods.com.

Last edited by bugman72; 09-27-2004 at 06:31 PM.