Thread: Tank Battles
View Single Post
  #8  
Old 04-16-2003, 04:33 PM
Napalm_Guru's Avatar
Napalm_Guru Napalm_Guru is offline
Wanna Drag??
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: US,Wisconsin
Posts: 191
Thanks for your interest Zot, I cut 4/8ths inch plywood to fit on a shelf. After that I nailed on 3 scrap peices of wood for mounds.Then I took a wrath and sanded like heck. Then I cut newspaper into small strips and papermached them on the wood. After that I got some sand and gravel from my yard, and mixed the sand with Wood Glue. This method works very well, because when the sand is wet its no different from sand soaked in water so its very moldable, but when it hardens its there to stay.

When im done laying down all the sand Im going to spray it with Testors Dull Cote to seal the sand down better, not that there is a problem.

Im not done with it yet, Im considering adding a few ramps up to mounds to avoid scratched paint from roll overs - extremely annoying. And I might add some shrubs. I dont know about the shrubs, if I add them it might only be a matter of untill they will be damaged.

I'm open to all suggestions/comments
__________________
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. You just leave a lot of useless noisy baggage behind.
-Jed Babbin
Reply With Quote