|
Ya, great idea on the rubber cement Spanky. Can you tell me anything else about the latex molding compound you mentioned in that post?
Nice idea on the mounting, though the screw does make it a hassle. I haven't decided quite how I'm going to alter the tabs yet. One way would be to cut the old ones off and try supergluing them higher on the body, but I'm not sure if I can get it quite high enough. Another way I'm considering would be to use two pieces of springy metal, fashioned into a sort of "Z" shape. The flat, bottom part would be fastened to the old tab. The flat top part would be trimmed to the same size as a normal tab; to put the body on you'd just push in the two metal pieces slightly and pop the tab part into the slot on the body. I think that would be pretty durable and hopefully easy to change out, but I'll have to measure everything carefully first.
Can you post pics of the slot car motor you're talking about? Do you think it will fit in a bit chassis? What are the specs (voltage, RPM, etc.)? I think my wheel mod is not bad (I've seen several better on this site), but the neatest thing I did with this mod is the huge motor. I'm curious if anyone else has found other non bit-size motors to use in their cars.
|