View Single Post
  #3  
Old 04-05-2003, 11:09 AM
actofgod actofgod is offline
Bit Surgeon
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 216
The next step was getting the three batteries and the motor crammed into a bit chassis. I trimmed down the battery compartment area and cut through the sides completely, leaving only two small vertical strips of plastic from what used to be the side walls to hold in the batteries. I removed the wall separating the battery compartment from the motor compartment, being careful to leave enough plastic connecting it to maintain structural integrity. I then dremeled down the side walls of the motor mount compartment until the huge dc motor would fit. I originally planned to leave one of the walls intact, but because of the size of the motor I had to take out both. It barely fits as it is. I left enough plastic at the bottom of it to keep the back end (with the tab) attached to the rest of the car, and superglued the motor to the remaining plastic in the motor mount compartment. I flipped the PCB and rewired everything. Here are some pics of the batteries and motor installed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bfm9000n-3.jpg (46.4 KB, 375 views)

Last edited by actofgod; 04-23-2003 at 09:45 AM.
Reply With Quote