View Single Post
  #2  
Old 12-28-2002, 03:48 AM
Dys70pia Dys70pia is offline
TinyRC Pro
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 31
body kitting

I am also gonna be starting the body kitting process...
I think the best way to make an intercooler is to use staples... just take a small row of staples and glue em onto the bumper...
As for putty, I have some Tamiya Putty, and its plastic putty... I've heard that some Gundam modellers can use the stuff to make cool parts and mold with it, but its very very soft and i think is really meant for filling cracks, or covering detail to make smooth surfaces... I could be wrong... I haven't really played around with it yet... but it seems less mold-able than toothpaste =P
I'll be using a 2-part epoxy putty... this stuff is moldable like clay, but becomes rock hard in a few hours... and unlike the plastic putty, it wont shrink as it dries...

Anyway thats about all I know... I'm also new to the whole molding and body kitting... so for me its mostly just playing around and figuring out whats best...
__________________

NSX-R
Reply With Quote