View Single Post
  #8  
Old 11-03-2002, 09:47 PM
Shacky Shacky is offline
TinyRC Pro
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 93
Yes, my post was not to be disrespectful, but to tackle the theory like an engineer. If the batteries were rerouted to directly connect to the contacts, there is a definite need for concern. But with the electronics in between so that a car does not charge when the switch is off should mean there is no danger of the contacts carrying enough of a charge to get a metal bridge hot. The switch should break the connection to the batteries to prevent this from happening.

I've also done the battery in the pocket full of coins hop. You'd think I'd learn after trying to pickup some coins from a coin jar that I had dropped my AA batteries into. Those pennies burn!
Reply With Quote