View Single Post
  #7  
Old 02-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Horshu Horshu is offline
Obsessive Modder
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 214
Those AMB transponders *look* like their connectors are similiar to the Radio Shack Command Light port. Is that some kind of standard connector on RC cars that would allow for the AMBs to drop right in, or is there some mod that must be made for them to work in the XMODS? I also don't need all that computer interaction that their stuff talks about, so I guess I'd really need to build a custom receiver to attach to my start/finish line that hooks into a scoreboard (computer interaction would lead to some really cool stats capabilities, though). Thinking about it some more, though, I think the ideal would be to have the same type of crystal slot as the car (using the car's crystal is not likely to be possibly from the command port), so you could just have a bank of, say, 4 crystal slots in your scoreboard and a crystal slot in each transponder, so you just use any extra RS crystals you have to ID your car.
Reply With Quote