|
I have put the correct fets in place and have removed the resitor - following CharlieBrown's description of Cyborgzero's Fet / power bypass mod. It didn't seem much faster (maybe 10%), so I took a closer look and realized my jumper wire had a bad connection.
I replaced it with a better wire, and found that when it connects the top and bottom fets (per CharlieBrown's photograph) I lose reverse completely. Forward works fine whether or not the jumper wire is in palce (I don't know if it's faster when I jumper since I was testing on the bench, but I think it sounds faster).
Does anyone have any tips on how where to troubleshoot? I am pretty sure I don't have any solder bridges since a) none are visible and b) everything works fine as long as the jumper wire is not in place.
BTW, this is the Starsy and Hutch Torino with a purple motor - unmodified except for adding the mosfets and removing the resistor (and the jumper wire I guess).
thanks tons
Davyyd
|