View Single Post
  #25  
Old 12-10-2003, 12:17 PM
porscheracerx porscheracerx is offline
TinyRC Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6
Dude- I did not have to change anything but the mounts

I have to say you did alot of mods that I did not have to do. I got my Porsche GT3 RS body on just by messing with the mounts. Maybe that corvette body was a bit different but my Porsche body is a mini-z too. I ended up using the front clip that came with the Porsche body. I enlarged the holes of both the shock mounts and screw holes. I then bolted the front on with small brass screws/nuts. I then trimed the front mount to make the wheels fit perfect in the arches. I then applied a little heat and bent the front plastic mount to get the right ride hieght in the front perfect. The rear mount retained the xmod mounting. I just fabricated a small plastic part then attached the stock black rear mounting clip from my acura body. I just then had to epoxy the parts together. Then I epoxied the part to the body. That was it. perfect fit. I flipped the rear wheels to fill the wheel well. Maybe I should but a tutorial together to save you guys some time. It only took me 30 min. The thing is solid. I crashed a couple times and no breaks in the mounting. It is built to last.
Reply With Quote