Quote:
Originally posted by ax0n
Hey jim! I'm near KC, Kansas... what part of MO you hail fom?
The SE Chassis does not have lights. It has a plug. The SE Bodies have lights and a connector. The headlights come on when you're moving forward. The Tails come on when you're in reverse. The Jeep body will fit on the SE. You may be able to take the lights out of the body that comes with the SE you end up buying, if you're careful, and make them work in your jeep. If you're near KC, I might be able to help you out.
I don't know what the body clearance is on the jeep bodies. you might look at various toys at walmart that have similar size wheels to the jeeps, and see if any have rubber tires. You could also try looking at pencil grips or other rubber tubing type things, and slicing them into "tires" with a pair of scissors.
Aside from also replacing the antenna on the controller with one of a myriad of other telescoping antennas that RS sells, not really. There are other ways, like using a linear amplifier, but that's both expensive, and illegal per the FCC rules.
|
Hey thanks for the reply!
I did find the 67 camaro body kit....I was hoping i could get it as a starter SE kit, but doesnt look like it comes other than in the body kit.
I will look for other cars with rubber wheels for ones that may fit the jeep.
About the lights & connectors on the SE ZZ.... are the bulbs/leds molded into the plastic of the body? If so, couldnt i just cut the wires to the lights & replace them with leds , then drill holes (in the jeep body) & place them that way?
Also ..are the non-SE zz bodies/shells interchangeable with the SE bodies/shells?
Oh, I live south of KC,MO (near belton/raymore).