|
Haha thanks for the welcome. I became a member a while ago and imported some bits when you still had to import them (clones actually), but didn't do much after that besides obsess :P Don't let the pro title fool you, all it means is that I've been asking lots of questions. This is my first foray into real RC - ie. I had some decent RTR's from ToysRUs when I was growing up, but nothing serious. Now that I've got my X I just need some experience under my belt. Hopefully my friend will be joining me when he gets his first paycheck, but I have little hope beyond that since I just moved here and don't know anyone else.
One of the things I keep seeing on this forum is hand customizing the motor with new brushes and new magnets and possibly some other things. How easy would those kind of modifications be to make and do they work on the stock 4WD motor? I don't know how to solder, but I think that can be remedied easily enough.
Oh and to answer your question, the X is awesome. Right now my large desire is to raise it (to tackle the playground) and to find a better looking body than clear lexan. I'm leaning towards one of the snap tight bodies since I've never painted a model and the intro cost to paint would probably make the model body cheaper :P Anyone try a snaptight body? I think I'm going to order some OL tires and try shaving the body to raise the car a bit. For those with OL tires on their X, did they fit in back w/o having to trim the battery case?
Thanks in advance,
Charles.
|