![]() |
ZZ Motor doesn't fit MS!
I purchased the ZipZaps Performance Booster Upgrade (1.0, 2.2, 3 rear axels, 3 gears, 3 suspension bars for 7.99) from Radioshack believing the motors would be compatible with my microsizers.
It turns out that the motors do NOT fit in the MS chassis. (After a lot of mashing and pushing I was able to fit the 2.2 motor into my MS, but it was seated at an angle and just looked "uncomfortable"... I don't want to break anything :*( On closer inspection I found out that the Microsizer motor looks like [ ] | !!!! <-groove !!!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!! but the ZipZaps motor looks like [ ] | !!!!!! <- no groove! !!!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!! ^- also theres a little bump on the contact at the bottom I'm kind of disappointed and wondering what kind of modification I can do to the chassis of my bits so I can fit these motors. (I'd like to be able to interchange bit and zz motors please!) One semi-nice thing is that my Shenqiwei clone motor is exactly like the ZipZaps and they fit very well. P.S. In case you are wondering the 1.0 zz motor is very very slow, but the 2.2 zz motor is VERY VERY FAST, faster than the stock shenqiwei (which was already faster than the MS). Speed comparison: 1.0zz < stock MS < stock SQW < 2.2zz (or is it 2.0?) |
What I did was take my soldering iron on one of my cars and put it on the metal connect. Putting some pressure, the plastic kind of melted and molded further out so you could put zz motors in. I think you could get a motor to fit also if you stuck it on like you would a on a dual motor mod.
|
By metal contact, do you mean the strip that contacts with the end of the motor?
After heating the metal are you pressing the metal so it is flush with the chassis, or are you heating it enough that it actually melts and sits into the plastic chassis? And did you have any trouble fitting regular MS/Bit motors in after melting the metal/plastic? Thanks! |
the easiest way to do it is to file the little nub down on the motor just enough that it will fit. Now it will work in zz's and bit's
|
..i have noticed that M/s have different motor wells some look 2 be wider...i cant get Zz motors in 3 of my M/s but the rest are a perfect fit..
|
| All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.