TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bit Char-G / MicroSizers (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Clone antenna onto BCG controller? (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9201)

Zephyranthes 03-07-2003 11:59 PM

Clone antenna onto BCG controller?
 
Can you get a capsule car antenna to fit a BCG controller snugly? Will it increase the range?

sessiz10 03-08-2003 12:04 AM

It would be easier and probably more benificial if you just got one of the longer RS antennas. The clone ant. comes with the screwable base whereas the RS ant. has a flat base. The RS ant. would be alot easier but if you want to use the clone ant. it will work.
Good luck.

Zephyranthes 03-08-2003 12:44 AM

Could you use a zipzaps antenna? It has a small, flat, fat base.

kwikbb 03-08-2003 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zephyranthes
Could you use a zipzaps antenna? It has a small, flat, fat base.
I myself had that thought when modding my multi-channel controller. In the end I did use a RS antenna (collapsable one), the reason being is that the ZZ controller had lousey range to begin with... so I figured that transplanting the ZZ ant. to the Tomy would give the same result. I'm happy i went with that decision.

As far as transplanting a "capsule car antenna to fit a BCG controller". It can be done with a little elbow grease, epoxy and dremeling skills, however sessiz is correct... adding the RS antenna would be the easiest route.

Here a member did a similar transplant with limited results;
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/ph...topic.php?t=67

Canadian Bit 03-08-2003 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by kwikbb
I myself had that thought when modding my multi-channel controller. In the end I did use a RS antenna (collapsable one), the reason being is that the ZZ controller had lousey range to begin with... so I figured that transplanting the ZZ ant. to the Tomy would give the same result. I'm happy i went with that decision.


Kwikbb, you have had problems with your Zip Zap's range? That's odd because I've never had range problems with my Zip Zap. Was it just becaus it was 27 MHZ [if it is 27 MHZ] or something else?

kwikbb 03-08-2003 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Canadian Bit
Kwikbb, you have had problems with your Zip Zap's range? That's odd because I've never had range problems with my Zip Zap. Was it just becaus it was 27 MHZ [if it is 27 MHZ] or something else?
Actually Canadian Bit, HAD problems lol. The chassis is now awaiting a donor BCG 'PCB', the charging pad will be part of an A/C powered charging station and the antenna... well that's still waiting in limbo lol.

It was indeed a 27 mhz, I believe that was the problem to begin with... I cannot verify because it was the one and only ZZ I picked up. But if
i were to get another in the future, it will deifinetly be 49 mhz. :)

Canadian Bit 03-08-2003 08:35 AM

Yeah, I knew it was 27 MHZ. :rolleyes:

Zephyranthes 03-08-2003 09:41 AM

I checked RS 3 weeks ago for the antenna and they didn't have it. I'll stop by this weekend and hopefully they'll have it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.