![]() |
What is the difference in the pinion gears?
What is the difference in the pinion gears? (besides the number of teeth) And how does it affect acceleration/topspeed?
|
There's 3 types of gear sets available for the BCG. The green, orange, and teal. The green one offers highest top speed but less accel, the teal one offers best accel but poor top speed, and the orange one is in between.
|
I dont mean those gears, im talking about the really tiny gear that goes directly to the motor. I have a black 6 teeth one, and a white 7 teeth one. Do you know what im talking about?
|
oh.... i know...
The white ones are for the bit Racer not the Bit Char-G. You'll need to make some mods to the Bit Racer axle to use the entire set. |
But i was able to at least use the small pinion, since it has more teeth. I didnt do any mods to da axle, i didnt eve use the axle, just the pinion. And i dont kno if i increased the accel or topspeed on my car.
|
U got a pic?
cuz using the bigger pinion will cause the gears to bind. |
I've got some TT Hong Li Bit Racer clone axels and the pinion and all the gears and axels seem to fit fine in my Bit, just that they're noisier than the Bit Char-G parts. I didn't need to mod the axels at all. Do they make the Hong Li parts different or something? It's got Bit Racer pictures in the instructions.
|
Oh I haven't tried the clone pinion gears. If it works then fine. Basically the more teeth on the pinion gear, then the more top speed but lack of acceleration.
The clone boxes and instructions are all wrong. For example I have a Hongli box that says "Nissan Gloria (Gun Metal)" and has a picture of the Gloria on it. The clone body is some cheap imitation with the wrong colors and all. And the picture of the car is a Tomy bit charg copied right onto the box. So clones are just trying to copy the realt Tomy stuff to "trick" the public into buying their parts. The instructions are really inaccurate so if you have a clone, throw the instructions away. You'll end up following the wrong thing.... |
| All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.