TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bit Char-G / MicroSizers (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   My First Track (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8813)

ugh 02-24-2003 07:19 PM

My First Track
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, I'm making a hill climb rally course out of Sturdy Board as a base, thin cardboard and masking tape to actually make the track. I have one question though: Should a make an uphill then downhill track, or just have go uphill the whole way? Here is my 1/3 finished picture, when I finish the actual trck, I will sparypaint the track and cover the roads with sandpaper or something else dirt like. Give me some sugestions and comments to what I should do to the track (this is my first track ever). I know its pretty ugly now, but I need some feedback. Thanx guys.

ugh 02-24-2003 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Arg, picture won't work, lemme try again. Here

nrmcj 02-24-2003 07:27 PM

coo coo... heh, i know it's a hell of a lot easier said than done... but a couple pointers..

1. make it convoluted as hell... like twisty and stuff... kinda like a natural track-ish thing... do you play GT3? a VERY cool track would be tahiti maze...
2. bigger is better. :D
3. hmm well it depends on what kind bit you are running, but slopes, bumps, hills, and short (but more or less extreme) piles of dirt would help with the realism... the only thing that you have to be sure of is that you are running a bit/clone that can take hills and stuff... i suggest rally racers... or shens...
4. try... well, if u have a lot of playdough from when u were a kid, try that :D
oh, and check out p-walks track.. or the admiral's snowy track.. that thing looks....so....real...

ugh 02-24-2003 07:31 PM

Pie, I'm using a second piece of sturdy board (its bigger than it looks in the picture)and, as I said, I still have to FINISH it, PAINT it and DETAIL it.

nrmcj 02-24-2003 07:38 PM

lol kk... =D

heh, i was just suggesting a little more of a natural, unrefined look to the track... gl!

ugh 02-24-2003 09:05 PM

So........anyone but Pie have an opinion or comment or question? Anyone? This is my first track, I need suggestions!

KevBit 02-24-2003 09:25 PM

make it very small and twisty to be a challenge for SOLO ONLY (use 1.0 or 2.2 motors). Or make it laaaaarge and available for multiple car racing.

Personally i would prefer a "lap tracker" system, with a technical and twisty track so it would a True TO Scale Raly course. Consider adding some trees or other scenery for realism isues.

Then definately buy the Mitsu Rally EVo body set, then youll have a rally track :D . Then get a blue soobahroo (subaru) and put decals on it to be a WRC subaru!!! Then get a Peugot body set....and....and..and!! :D :eek: :D Sorry i get carried away with all this WRC (world rally championship, just started new season!!!) stuff. As you can tell i love rally, so MAKE A GOOD TRACK!!! :D Then take pics!

edit: hope it turns out good! good luck!

PWalk 02-25-2003 08:18 AM

Great looking beginning, keep up the good work.

The sandpaper idea is great for road surface, it gives a natural look with great traction. Buy some at your local dollar store and save money.
Also I use Cinnamon, yes you heard that right, to simulate dirt. Another dollar store bargain I picked up.

Bigger is better, but you have to have plenty of turns on it.
Also I would like to recommend you build a course you can race both uphill and down. As many of you know when you run a course backwards it's an entirely different race.

Thx Pie for the reference, I will be posting my courses finished pics this week so stay tuned.

UGH if you have any more questions I'll be happy to help ya out.

~SnakeBitRacer~ 02-25-2003 06:53 PM

I may build a rally track out of mud. I wish there was a dollar store in my area. THat happening is a true snowflake in hell.

Squishy 02-25-2003 07:48 PM

Make sure your bit can make it up the hill, lol. But it looks awsome so far. Like PWalk said, make it able to be a downhill coarse, cause that is fun to. I like to set out a blanket with pellows underneath it to vary the terrain and have mini-ralley. I like to make drops and stuff. what-ever you do have FUN with it.


...F is for Fire that burns down the city!
...U is Uranium...BOMBS!
...N is for... Oh wait, wrong song, sorry:D

ugh 02-25-2003 08:04 PM

Yeah, when I'm done with the actual track, I'll get some Playdough and make the edges and guard rails more organic by making them look like rocks. Whew, I have so much work to do! I need to get started.

P.S.-I've already used my MS on the track, and they can make it up the slope no problem.

BTW: Squishy-it's F is for fire that burns down the WHOLE TOWN not the "city".:D

PWalk 02-25-2003 08:14 PM

Don't use play Doh, it'll crack when it drys, I used Model Magic by Crayola... a lil more expensive but it doesn't crack.

ugh 02-26-2003 09:16 PM

I'm almost done (building)
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here's an updated pic (sorry, it's quite blurry), I'm almost done with just the building. I got some sandpaper and some Model Magic today, so I'm ready to make "organic" when I'm ready. What do you think?

P.S.-I know you guys want me to make it techinical, but all I'm doing now is making switchbacks. The one "not switchback" turn took FOREVER to make, and I still want to be able to live my life without working on this track 24/7.

novastar512 02-26-2003 10:15 PM

That looks sweet, it looks like the guys a bgp.(bit grand prix guys in Japan)

ugh 02-27-2003 09:53 PM

Quote:

That looks sweet, it looks like the guys a bgp.(bit grand prix guys in Japan)
Thanks man! I've never got a compliment like that before! I'm actually just a little thirteen-year-old boy messing around in his basement! Anyway, I would have probably would have finshed the building part today, but I had to do my paper route and I had a lot of homework. But hopefully over the weekend I will be able to finish the building part and start making the walls look like rocks instead of cardboard.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.