TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bit Char-G / MicroSizers (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Gear Changing Question (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8094)

NokturnaL 02-07-2003 11:42 PM

Gear Changing Question
 
I dunno if im just dumb or something, but I bought the MicroSizers GearSet and i want to put the blue gears on my car. The thing is that i want to use the black rims that are on my car not the silver ones that come on the axles. Is there an easy way that i can get the blue gears on my axle with black rims or my black rims on my axle with blue gears?

chelboed 02-07-2003 11:58 PM

Nope! (not an easy way)

NokturnaL 02-08-2003 12:03 AM

aw that sux, whats the hard way then >_<

nrmcj 02-08-2003 12:07 AM

well, it's near impossible to do it well... you could just strip the chrome from the wheels on the axle you want, (easy way) or rip the wheel and gear off, then stick them onto the other.. ULTIMATE pain in the ass. trust me =P

the gear needs to be melted to come off... or ripped really really hard.... i used 2 pairs of pliers and a friend, and the damn thing still wouldnt come off...

chelboed 02-08-2003 12:09 AM

Then try getting the wheels back on straight w/o wobbling. Not too bad for slow cars, but annoying for fast ones. Especially if you are used to riding wheelies for very long. You cant ride one straight.

NokturnaL 02-08-2003 12:09 AM

So im gonna have to have my front rims black and my back rims silver :( :mad:

chelboed 02-08-2003 12:11 AM

just change the fronts to be silver to match

NokturnaL 02-08-2003 12:40 AM

yuck :p

Silent_NightR34 02-08-2003 11:10 AM

how or where did u get black front rims?

big-key 02-08-2003 12:07 PM

:D Just paint your chrome rims black. It takes several coats of paint applied in thin layers to make them look good, but I like black rims better than silver ones. I have not painted a silver set black (only a gold set from my Impreza), but I have painted a silver set red. It really looks cool, kinda anonized aluminum looking. I have seen people strip them w/rubbing alcohol or bleach, but haven't tried it yet

strider_mt2k 02-08-2003 02:45 PM

I've done over half a dozen rear mods. It's easy as long as you're careful.

I call it a rear translplant, and you'll need some glue. I prefer gel super glue, but regular super glue or model glue is fine.

Most wheels pull off easily if you pull evenly and twist.
I hold the center of the axle with needle nose pliers, to that if i rough up the axle it not where it has to ride! be careful not to bend the axle, it isn't good.

In your case, you are only transplanting the drive gear itself onto your favorite rear, so you only need to remove the wheel on the gear side. You'll get practice too, because you'll have to repeat the process to remove the drive gear from the MS rear too! :D
If need be, make a mark with a sharpie or even a pencil where the drive gear was, so you can line the new one up.

It's easy once you've done it. Anyone who says otherwise is a big wimp. ;)


My favorite is the 8.25:1 combo (lightish green/teal) for pure speed.

BTW For an example of my latest work, take a look at THIS

Shypo 02-08-2003 11:11 PM

or you can buy the trueno tune up box if u can find one and have all gears in black


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.