TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bit Char-G / MicroSizers (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Anyone see the tomy bits (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6765)

timisone 01-15-2003 04:51 PM

Anyone see the tomy bits
 
that are going for 400 dollars there at this site theres an xbox one http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/TechieMon/bitchar-g.html

arceeguy 01-15-2003 05:09 PM

WOW! $399 for a Bit!
I wonder what is so special about those models, and why ANYONE would pay that much for a toy.

timisone 01-15-2003 05:13 PM

They said they are really rare and shh about why anybody would pay lol my girl is getting it for my bday did u see the booster sets too on there

arceeguy 01-15-2003 08:34 PM

Wow, I guess you want one of those rare ones pretty bad! Which one are you getting?
I'm pretty much happy with my $40 Mach 5 Bit, not really that rare, but not that common here in the US.

If you're gonna spend $400, maybe think about a BIG RC like a Traxxas T-Maxx!

Swavey 01-15-2003 08:58 PM

heh, you sure thats not just a typo?

notice most of the other cars are $39 and those are $399
im not sure, but it could be. 400 seems rediculous!!! way rather buy a t-maxx, heh

timisone 01-15-2003 09:06 PM

i want the xbox one

cad455 01-15-2003 11:42 PM

thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard of

why are you letting your girlfriend waste that much money

shocon2k 01-15-2003 11:49 PM

Typo, and all of the above posters are gullible for thinking that any bit could possibly retail for that much.

Okay, but to be less harsh, I wouldn't ever pay more than $40 for a bit.

For $400, I'd expect internal triple cell, dual R-Specs, custom alloy rims with wide tires, spring suspension all around, 4WD, digi proportional, and like 50 bodies. And then I still wouldn't pay more than $200 for that setup.

Subie Driver 01-16-2003 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by shocon2k
Typo, and all of the above posters are gullible for thinking that any bit could possibly retail for that much.

Okay, but to be less harsh, I wouldn't ever pay more than $40 for a bit.

For $400, I'd expect internal triple cell, dual R-Specs, custom alloy rims with wide tires, spring suspension all around, 4WD, digi proportional, and like 50 bodies. And then I still wouldn't pay more than $200 for that setup.

Make a limited edition body with a special motor (the Skyline is 1 of only 1000 of that body, and has the only Tomy-produced 3.0 motor), and you can sell them for whatever the market will bear. I don't think it's a typo at all, unles it's there and on thier ordering page. And being rare, they can ask whatever they want. Sure, $400 for something you could lose between your carseats is ridiculous, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Seraph 01-16-2003 01:22 AM

Some typo indeed.....tell that to all the people that pay thousands for those pieces of thick paper they call baseball cards.

JTM 01-16-2003 02:54 AM

wow $400, id never pay that much.. especially since these things will all but fade out in about a year if not sooner. i doubt youll be able to retain it and re-sell it for any profit, wichis the only reason anyonewould pay 400 for it, and that xbox wrx would be SO easy to re-create

binaryterror 01-16-2003 06:42 AM

The skyline one is a last model year skyline NuR.

So the mold of the R-34 from the skyline set painted pretty, and then they only make 1000.

They can try, give it a year and they'll be trying to sell them on ebay for $30.

scottyboyfun 01-16-2003 07:02 AM

DONT BUY IT.

Its a plain rip off, you could buy 10 or more tomys for that, its a waste, all you are really paying for is the shell and presentation box.

Get a skyline shell and spray it that colour.

If you do buy it, then you are silly. The people at the shop are really trying it on, and you will be a laughing stock to them.

I thought it was a typing error, till i c another next to it for 175 !

Its not really nice either.

scottyboyfun 01-16-2003 07:10 AM

I personally don't think much of the x-box, its just microsoft,and would u want that written on ur car?

How about a pic of Bill Gates? Yuk.

The XBOX isn't really ever gonna be looked upon as great, so neither will a nice subaru with horrible logos on it look great, even in the future as collectibles.

I know u want it because its limited edition, but take a step back and look at what yu are actually getting, it isn't really that nice!

I KNOW IM GOING ON but the retailers cant keep taking people as stupid and ripping them off.

hogjowlz 01-16-2003 08:01 AM

hey i own 3 of them and man its so fast that i was running it on a bearskin rug and it was still going really fast and it hit a wall and exploded so thats why i cant show anyone.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.