TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bit Char-G / MicroSizers (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Is it a knockoff? (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667)

BillyBonz 08-19-2002 04:43 PM

Is it a knockoff?
 
First thing is a howdy to you all. I just got into the "bit" rage. I bought it on eBay from Hong Kong and I have a few questions.

The box don't say Tomy on it. It sez Lxx Char-G. The logo in the upper right corner of the box sez Lxx Hobby. I'm guessing it must be a copy, but from all the pix I have seen here, it's a damn close copy. The car is a blue Skyline GT-R with a micro B 3.0 motor and 9.86:1 gear with medium tires (according to the box).

The thing that really has me confused is the freq. It's marked 02 MHz on the box, and so is the transmitter and the clear cover on the car covering the PCB.

So far the car runs great and I'm having a blast playing around with it. The run time is about 4 minutes, it snapped together without a hitch and I have no complaints.

My only concern is what freq. should I buy next so I can start racing 2 cars around, any ideas?

tinyrc 08-19-2002 07:55 PM

It's a clone, not a TOMY. How much did you pay for it? That 02MHz is really weird, surely it can't really be 2MHz, perhaps it means like #2 out of 27/35/45/57, in which case it's 35MHz, or perhaps 45MHz if read in the opposite direction.

BillyBonz 08-20-2002 12:04 AM

I paid $27.50 for it total and the auction said it is an OEM Tomy Bit Char-G. I'm happy with the car but I will be buying from a local hobby shop as soon as they get their shipment in.

You can see the closed auction here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1755511990

tinyrc 08-20-2002 10:16 AM

Well, that's not bad including shipping then. You've saved $10-15 vs. a real TOMY and you'll probably be equally happy with this one.

hondaprelude88 08-20-2002 04:32 PM

A friend and I also bought this same brand, they look identical to the bits, inside and out.
Mine runs great, however my friends sputters around when like a foot from us. Any ideas on why?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.