TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bit Char-G / MicroSizers (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Good Lubricant?? (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6465)

AzNRocket 01-09-2003 08:26 PM

Good Lubricant??
 
My 3.0 motor doesn't seem to budge unless i give it a little push then it stops afterawhile. I've tried rotating the motor, still the same results. I inverted the little gear it connects to like which i've heard helps, no luck. Anyone know a good lubricant i can use that i can probably fine around the house? I don't feel like going out and buying whatever brand name R/C car lubricant. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe some sort of oil..i dunno...Any ideas?

bill 01-09-2003 08:27 PM

baby powder

I'm serious. Do a search.

ShadowMage 01-10-2003 01:26 AM

or graphite...you know the stuff they use for pine cars? Or they even have this dry white stuff that is supposedly a form of teflon. Not sure about it though I've never tried it. Anyone ever heard of or tried Dry White?

hogjowlz 01-10-2003 09:35 AM

baby powder is gona wreck it eventually. graphite is really cheap. 3$ a tube.

tho im sure the dry teflon powder would be even smoother but more toxic. stay away from liquid teflon lubes. they attract dirt.

bill 01-10-2003 09:38 AM

How is baby powder going to wreck it?

hogjowlz 01-10-2003 09:55 AM

it will eventually start to add friction when it breaks down(baby powder is actually corn starch)

bill 01-10-2003 10:08 AM

No, baby power is not corn starch. It is actually talc powder and fragrance. Because baby powder is used to prevent chafing. It is an excellent product to reduce friction.

As an added benefit, you cars will smell baby fresh :D

hogjowlz 01-10-2003 10:15 AM

look at the label.

ok they started using talc again. my bad.

bill 01-10-2003 10:16 AM

I am. I actually have a bottle of baby powder here on my desk at work. Yes, I have baby powder at work. I use it when I go to the game room to play pool.

edit: Note that they do have cornstarch baby powder but that is not the norm. A little search on google yields some uses for corn starch.

From www.iicag.com/crnstrch.html

"Also use as a flow agent to increase flowability and reduce caking in applications that do not include the addition or generation of significant heat in the process. This is the starch of choice in feed and pet food applications where the very precise and exact functional properties of expensive, specific characteristic, modified starches are not required:"

So even corn starch can be used as a lubricant.

hogjowlz 01-10-2003 10:22 AM

maybe thats why i didnt like the baby powder i used. anyhow graphite works really well. if you work it in right you get a nice smooth coat inbetween all of your friction points.

zombiebaby 01-10-2003 12:46 PM

I use palmers cocoa butter it is straight cocoa butter with no additives or fragrances so its not harmfull

hogjowlz 01-10-2003 01:08 PM

does dirt stick to it?

hogjowlz 01-10-2003 01:23 PM

this would probably be the best
dry teflon powder

http://www.spurlocktools.com/0a520cc0.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.