TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bit Char-G / MicroSizers (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Addicted (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5392)

kmvargo 12-22-2002 10:07 PM

Addicted
 
I have been a lurker here for a few weeks (ever since Target had there $20 MicroSizer sale) and out of all the forums that I have visited and read, TinyRC is the most active and most enjoyable. I found this site from the link from QFM website which I found shortly after I bought my first MicroRC car (the MGA Spider). If you look at my signature below, I seem to be addicted to these little cars. It is an inexpensive hobby to get into if you don't go crazy and offers alot for the person that wants to customize there cars.

I also would like to comment that price really hasn't reflected satisfaction. I have a few of the more expensive TOMY & MicroSizers and find some of them work the same or sometimes worse than the cheap MotorWorks & precious models. Of all the cars I own, only one has disappointed me. I bought a TTHongli Toyota Celica on eBay from a dealer in Canada (package listed a Washington state address). I'm not sure if I was ripped off from the dealer or the TTHongli just makes junk, but this car will take a long time to make right. The body paint & stickers were all scratched or torn. The heat sink is bent. The antenne wire had a cold solder joint & fell off when I touched it. And this is from a supposedly sealed box. The dealer never replied to the email I sent him on it so you be the judge of wether he took me or TTHongli's are junk. I won't be buying from that dealer again nor will I buy another TTHongli.

Well that is my story so far. If I ever get my carriage house restored (bought a 150+ year old house with a detached garage that was originally a carriage house. It will be housing my GIJoe collection) and have my workshop as I plan, I will have a great place to work on my MiniRCs and race them.

kmvargo 12-23-2002 09:47 AM

Pictures of my collection ...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...0/fce69d80.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...a/fce69d7b.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.