![]() |
What is the maximum voltage a bit motor can take?
I am just wondering because at radio shack, I can get a 7.2 volt battery that would fit directly into a bit char. I was wondering if the motor would be able to take that power (or a dual battery mod with two of those, 14.4 volts:D )
|
I've heard of people putting 12v through them without any apparent adverse effects. I'm not too sure you're going to want to dual-battery those suckers. It'd almost be too damned fast on just one of those. By the way, what battery is that, exactly?
|
I'm not exactly sure. next time I go to radio shack, I will post all of the 3+ volt batteries and details about them and prices on this thread. I think it was a Li-Ion, but I'm not sure. It was expensive, though. one small 9 volt battery and I think it was around $16 for it. but they had the same size but in 5, 6 and 7 volt versions for less
|
Li ion battery
You can slap a lithium cell in, but don't try to charge it. Those cells are extremely sensitive to charging currents, put too many amps to it and it's toast. Most rechargable lithium cells are sold with a charger that is specifically designed for the cell.
Also, I believe those cells at Radio Shack are not the rechargable type, so recharging won't even be an option. |
| All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.