TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   bitchar-gmotors Customer Support (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Fastest motor you guys ever attempted? (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3406)

MicroFury 11-16-2002 03:37 PM

Fastest motor you guys ever attempted?
 
Hey, Kyle,

What is the fastest motor you ever attempted to make. Are we at the BitChar's limits with 3.8, or could there be a 4.0 or 5.0 on the horizon (I figure anything above a 5.0 would be practically uncontrollable, so that's why I stopped there).

MicroFury

bitchar-gmotors 11-16-2002 09:14 PM

MicroFury,

At this size we are pushing the limits with the 3.8 (38,000 RPM) speed. In order to reach speeds of 40,000 and 50,000 RPMs you will need to step up to a larger motor.

Kyle

MicroFury 11-16-2002 11:46 PM

Do you know how the DigiQs generate so much speed? I think there are two motors. Are they larger than the Bit-Chars which allow them to get higher RPMs?

MicroFury

P.S. Let me know if I should change forums for this.

bitchar-gmotors 11-16-2002 11:56 PM

MicroFury,

I haven't tested a Digi-Q yet, but I have one ordered. I'm wondering the same thing. I plan on swapping a Digi-Q circuit board into a Bit Char-G chassis in the hopes of getting a faster top speed. What it all boils down to is, which circuit board sends the most current to the motor?

Kyle

e_lm_70 11-25-2002 06:41 AM

Digi-Q is faster because:

2x1.2V bat
2xMotor

Digi-Q top speed 12km/h
Bit-CharG (3.0) 9km/h

Change PCB will not help

Max possible speed for a Bit:

Use BitRacer gear.
Use 2x3.0 motor
Use 2x1.2 Batt
Possible top= over 15km/h


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.