TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bit Char-G / MicroSizers (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Crip Cap on the Booster Controller!!! (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3061)

HyQuality 11-07-2002 05:36 PM

Crip Cap on the Booster Controller!!!
 
I found this post on another forum. This guy seems like he did a lot of trial and error before finding this.

Anyone wanna give it a try? Let me know if it works...

_____________________________________________

The suspense is over. Here are the instructions. This is a little harder than the normal crip cap instructions. If you don't have a soldering iron this will be impossible to do.

1. Take apart your controller

2. Find Capacitors C5 and C6

3. Remove C5 with a Soldering Iron. you will notice that C5 bridges 2 sections of the foil together. Add a small wire or extra solder to bridge these two together

4. Remove C6. Be very careful not to disturb the components around it. It's pretty tight quarters to work around.

Thats it. I've played around with my car for about 15 minutes now and I can run it from one end of my house to the other (at least 30 feet) I'm not sure the total range in feet. But this is far enough for me.

cowfish_29 11-12-2002 05:11 PM

yes please...i wanna know too...this would be the best thing to happen to bits in awhile.

cowfish_29 11-12-2002 06:16 PM

wee gonna try it now, don't have much to lose! :eek:

cowfish_29 11-12-2002 10:38 PM

heh..not skilled enough...oh well, i never used that controller anyways. Is freakin hard...as stated before, hard to find what to solder and unsolder, and its cramped.

PikaOhki 11-19-2002 11:16 PM

Sorry to bump something so soon after joining boards, but has anyone actually confirmend this? If so, it'll be the first thing I do tomorrow morning....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.