TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZipZaps (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Can Zip Zaps use other 27mhz controllers?? (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2673)

LCKKN]HT 10-29-2002 04:38 PM

Can Zip Zaps use other 27mhz controllers??
 
Im probably gonna go buy my first mini R/C car this weekend...I think I decided on the Zip Zap at Radio Shack. I've heard some negative things about the controllers being hard to operate due to tiny buttons. I was wondering if I buy a 27mhz car will my controller for my full sized Radio Shack R/C car operate the little Zip Zap??? I realize the Zip Zap controller will still be needed for recharging the car.

EcLiPSe 2.0 10-29-2002 04:40 PM

hmm, quite possibly. but im not sure. nice idea

hogjowlz 10-29-2002 04:55 PM

well im one of the people you have read putting down zipzaps but the controller is pretty nice actually except for the range. that could be the car tho.

Barry 10-29-2002 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hogjowlz
well im one of the people you have read putting down zipzaps but the controller is pretty nice actually except for the range. that could be the car tho.
Its not the car, its the controler. I get about 5 times the distance using my Microsizer control with my ZipZap. Please note that Reverse and Fordward are backwards using this setup.

Nightwing 10-29-2002 06:13 PM

It possible but what direction will it go?

Like you found out the F/R is reversed for bits-ZZ but for giggles the Toys R Us Special is ok F/R but fliped on L/R :)

Have not heard of a remove flipping the F/R L/R but that would be fun. :)

Its possible to put a switch on a remote to "flip" direction or steering. Planing on doing that amd makeing a super controller.

LCKKN]HT 10-29-2002 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Barry
Its not the car, its the controler. I get about 5 times the distance using my Microsizer control with my ZipZap. Please note that Reverse and Fordward are backwards using this setup.
What's funny is I read a review of the Zipzaps vs. Microsizer over at Extremetech.com. Yes, I know it's a computer site and not a R/C site...but Im very into computers and that's how I found out about these little tiny R/C cars. Anyways, they concluded that the ZipZaps controller had a much greater distance than the Microsizer. But if my controller from my regular R/C car works then I'll probably just use that one and use the ZipZap controller as a recharger.

shadoe42 10-30-2002 01:00 PM

I have a 27 Mhz nakamichi N racer and the controller for that runs my 27 Mhz Zip perfectly. Interestingly enough however my 47 MHZ Micro Sizer controller won't run the same frequency Zip. I suspect it is slight variations on the frequency and that I just got lucky on the 27 :) Best thing to do would be to just try it and see what happens :)

chp 10-30-2002 01:54 PM

The controllers from the Atomic Z cars and the Radio Shack Zip Zaps work the same.

john 10-30-2002 02:21 PM

I have some POS old Radio Shack full size RC, and I think it's 27 MHz (you'd think it would be marked so when someone drags it out of the basement after 2 years that person might remember the frequency, but it's not marked at all). Anyway, it doesn't work with the Zip Zaps. I have a ZZ in both frequencies in fact, and the full size controller wont work with either. your results may vary.

DesertJedi 10-30-2002 05:33 PM

Yo Shadoe,
Currently there are no 47 mhz ZZs. Your 47 mhz MS controller won't run either the 49 or 27 mhz ZZ.

joeNuggetz 10-30-2002 11:56 PM

I have an HPI RS4 and the 27mhz controller did not work with my ZZ.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.