TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZipZaps (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Now Addicted... DraKhen99! (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2349)

DraKhen99 10-22-2002 06:59 PM

Now Addicted... DraKhen99!
 
LOL, as if I didn't need any more hobbies, in addition to collecting & watching DVDs, PS2, Old School NES, Genesis, and SNES, as well as my 1/10th scale Nitro T-Maxx, Electric E-Maxx, and Associated TC3, Now I have MicroSizers & ZipZaps...

I was in my LHS [HobbyWorks of Rockville, fyi] last Friday, and I came across the MicroSizers they had there... and of course I had read the ExtremeTech article about them, so I got the Red Mitsubishi Lancer, with the blue RX-7 body kit, and the Tire kit.

Then I was like "Well I gotta see how the Radio Shack cars compare" and especially since I love Mustangs [no flames please, it's my own personal opinion/choice]. So I go to Radio Shack, and the guys were like "Hey, that's the car you can get the 38,000 RPM motor for!" and I was like "Yeah, it is!" and I got the Yellow Mustang Cobra ZipZap, as well as the FNF Supra/Civic body kits and of course the last Performance Kit.

Today, I called around, and actually found a Black Civic and a Silver Porsche, and had Radio Shack hold them for me until I got off work. I got off work, and picked them up, along with the requisite Performance Packages. I shall be ripping into them after Smallville tonight... much fun!

Guess I really don't need paychecks, now do I? At least these micro RCs have micro bills to go with them... instead of my 1/10th scale bills [ouch!]

Anywho, just thought I'd say Hi to all here, so "HI"! [non Dodge Neon Hi]

:c)

-DraKhen99

lnx_author 10-22-2002 07:12 PM

yep, the zz is a fairly inexpensive hobby... what i like are the inexpensive mods and accompanying projects...

of course, you'll need to buy a bigger house, refinish the basement, or build a garage so you can set up a zz track!

Zip Zaps - The $287,319 hobby that built my house!

:-)

Barry 10-22-2002 07:25 PM

BTW, give the Red or Yellow zipzap motors a try in the Microsizer. I think you will be supprized at how fast that little bugger will move.

DraKhen99 10-22-2002 09:05 PM

You know, maybe I did something wrong, cause I tried the red ZZ motor in the microsizer, with the red gears and all, and it didn't go as fast as I thought it would...

Should I just swap the motor in, and leave the MicroSizer gear and rear axle in?

lookatme 10-22-2002 10:00 PM

a definate mod for your zip zap would have to be the no reverse mod you wont believe the improvement in speed. btw since you have a tand a e maxx do you frequent maxxtraxx?

BLAKE 10-23-2002 09:28 AM

I know the feeling. Like I need the expense of 1:64 scale Mustangs added to the 1:1s.

<- 1:1 scale cars-
66 Mustang Fastback
96 Mustang GT
96 Mustang V6 (wife's car)

:D

DraKhen99 10-23-2002 09:52 AM

Yeah, I'm DraKhen99 on MaxxTraxx.com as well, haven't been over there lately though, how is it?

And what about gears? Do I just need to swap in the red ZZ motor to my MicroSizer?

Thanks.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.