TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   XMODS Mods and Projects (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Project Nevada (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19082)

97Supra 04-13-2004 05:34 PM

Project Nevada
 
Check out www.atomicmods.com and see Rob's 16.8v xmod that has a external regulated FET board. He tops out 45 mph on the speed checker just before his Nuke 130 Super Modified motor blew up . He also said that with a few adjustments he can go faster than 45mph :eek: i can't wait to see vids of that beast.

sunfirerep601 04-20-2004 09:35 PM

Trustworthy.
 
DO NOT ALWAYS BELIEVE WHAT YOU SEE. I know a bunch of people have been screwed by advertisements like these.

sunfirerep601 04-20-2004 09:43 PM

He sounds like he has cred. but he doesn't say what will happen when you hit that tiny pebble going 45 mph. most people don't have a prepared track that has room to get up to that speed. just consider this before you buy

sunfirerep601 04-20-2004 09:45 PM

checking is that # scaled or what?

Jshwaa 04-22-2004 05:50 PM

Quote:

checking is that # scaled or what?
No, it's not, nor could it be because speed doesn't scale. You can make a car smaller to scale, and scale the mileage, but a second is always a second under ANY scale, so scaling doesn't really work like that. If you have a 45mph 1/28th scale car, it's just a 45mph 1/28th scale car, not a 1,260mph 1/28th scale car.

Quote:

DO NOT ALWAYS BELIEVE WHAT YOU SEE. I know a bunch of people have been screwed by advertisements like these.
Rob does not lie. I have a speed check video that proves that my xmod hit 40mph, so with the addition he is introducing, 45mph is not unbelievable by any means. I'm surprised it's not faster, to tell you the truth. But to hit that high of RPM's with a 130 motor and normal gear setup is remarkable.

sunfirerep601 04-24-2004 10:19 PM

DUDE? I'm not talking about scaling like that........... people! Ok maybe ROB doesn't lie but i know others have. And if it were that truly amazing (and true) others would have posted

Jshwaa 04-24-2004 10:22 PM

Quote:

And if it were that truly amazing (and true) others would have posted
Huh? I didn't get that. If what was truly amazing? And what would people posting have to do with that?

sunfirerep601 05-05-2004 08:03 PM

People like = people post
People think it's a waste of time = they criticize or don't post (depending on their levels of madness)

You can scale mileage down to the size of the xmods....YES that is possible.... Why haven't bc or neuro posted on this thread?

Jshwaa 05-05-2004 08:40 PM

Quote:

You can scale mileage down to the size of the xmods....YES that is possible.... Why haven't bc or neuro posted on this thread?
You can say that a quarter mile in xmod scale is 47 or so feet, yes. What you can't do is say that an xmod that goes 40 MPH is going 1,120 MPH scale speed(1:28), because while 47 feet is 1/4 mile to an xmod, a second is still a second, a minute is still a minute and an hour is still an hour. No matter what, you can't scale time, and speed has time in its equation. So a 40 MPH xmod is just a 40 MPH xmod.

Shiporu 05-11-2004 07:14 PM

Jshwaa, you are right. not to rant or anything, but what Jswaa said is what it is. the xmod itself, is going 40 mph. that is what i call "our speed" or the speed you see in on a car speedometer . in the scale speed, it would be doing like 1,260 mph. if it was going 40 mph scale speed, you could crawl faster that.

just keep in mind, that scale speed and "our speed" will differ, but we refer to the speed of an xmod in "our speed".

viperdout 05-13-2004 07:00 AM

I think Sunfire has been ripped off by someone. Just go to the guys that are recommended and you won't get ripped off.

Jshwaa 05-13-2004 04:18 PM

TSpecX,

That's great that you got to meet Robert Byrd. I'd like to have a chance to meet him as well, as I'm tired of the email and forum thing. I think some awesome creations could come out of Rob and a capable technical consultant. I'm a few hundred miles out of the way though.... And about the whole scaling time and semantics thing......I really don't give a damn if someone makes functioning doors for their xmod, opens them, and then acts like their xmod can fly. I was just bringing a little bit of insight to the idea of scaling. Sure, if you break down newtonian physics to the Nth degree, time does have variables, but come on....are we approaching the speed of light here? No. All of that mumbo-jumbo is theory anyway. Theories brought forward by einstein.

I was basically quoting a representative from Tamiya, when the land speed record was established for 1/10th scale R/C cars. The host of the talk show, that they were on, asked the same question, "So how fast is that going in scale speed?", and they said the exact same thing, "You can scale distance, but a second is still a second to any size vehicle.......so you can't scale time" and it's true, no matter how technically inclined a person is. I mean, if you want to get super technical....an orange isn't orange....it's every other color BUT orange being reflected at you....so you are seeing the absence of orange.....ANYWAY!! It's not that I'm a fan of semantics, it's just the way it is, and I'm sure there's people that appreciate knowing.

viperdout 05-13-2004 07:19 PM

Yeah, but if the doors turned into wings it would be sick. I am an all go no show person. That's why I drive domestic. ;)

sunfirerep601 05-16-2004 03:12 PM

No i haven't been ripped off i'm just making sure... If he hit it good. It's just hard to believe some of these people

sunfirerep601 05-16-2004 03:13 PM

And the reason i said it was scaled is because the video i saw sucked so much that you couldn't see any of it but stills.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.