TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   XMODS Parts and Hop-Ups (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   My bearings need oil... what should I use (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18711)

RGM1524 03-13-2004 02:06 PM

My bearings need oil... what should I use
 
hey guys, my bearings (RS ones) are starting to get kind of dirty and I'd imagine dry as well. I was thinking about just taking them out, blasting them with WD40 to get must of the grunge out of them and putting them back in. Is WD40 good for em or should I be using something else (preferably in a can, so I can spray out all the dirt/blackness thats in them right now.

Sky_Liner 03-13-2004 07:30 PM

Use Slick 50, Its really cheap and sold almost everywhere!


Peace, :cool:

RGM1524 03-14-2004 07:03 AM

slick 50 has like a dozen different different greases/lubes. were you talking about the "one lube"?

Sky_Liner 03-14-2004 11:47 AM

lol oops yea Slick 50 One Lube
thanks.


Peace, :cool:

aperson 03-14-2004 11:51 AM

i soak mine in Super Clean for an hour, then spray them out with WD-40, then lube them with graphite. you can substitute Slick 50 1 Lube for the WD-40.

cyrc 03-14-2004 03:18 PM

no you should use naval jelly i use it to clean my bearings on my skate board and it is good if they are rusted shut too ive had to heal some unfortunate 70 dollar skate bearing and now they work better than new really great i swear by naval jelly

RGM1524 03-14-2004 04:29 PM

Skateboard bearings are sealed though. Wouldn't using anything that thick attract a tremendous amount of dust/grime around the wheels?

SHIFT_DRIFT 03-14-2004 06:11 PM

who would buy Bones Swiss Ceramics?
(i assume ur using em?)
RGMs rite, it would attract dust.
well u could just soak in a cup of silicone lube then wip clean and apply this powdery lube stuff. (i frgt wat was it cALLED)

aperson 03-15-2004 07:19 PM

you mean graphite? or if you have a pencil around get some sand paper and scribble on it with the lead of the pencil. then you have some grapite. if you need more, sharpen the pencil and repeat

cyrc 03-16-2004 09:10 PM

no naval jelly is more of a liquid and not a lub its like acidic goo thats why i jellied my bearings that were rusted i recomend motor oil for lube sorry for the misunderstanding it is really great i use it on new bearings they are great but i never need new bearings cause i do use bones swissers they are the best exept for the newer ceramic polymer type bearings but i havnt need to buy new bearings theyre so great just not rust proof (and im not some little creeper poser i just got stuck in a rain strom with no car)and skate bearings are sealed but if im going to race on a down hill ill take those little aluminum plates out to get better roll it sound dumb but works better alot better haha i smoked this kid i mean bad!!!! he wasnt even half way down by the time i looked back at the bottom haha well any ways yeah naval jelly rocks do some research on it i use it on everything metal that moves

RGM1524 03-17-2004 05:40 AM

I hope you don't speak in sentences that long!:p

I'll have to look into it.Accept... the only naval jelly I remember ever having was this pink rust remover stuff.

cyrc 03-17-2004 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RGM1524
I hope you don't speak in sentences that long!:p

I'll have to look into it.Accept... the only naval jelly I remember ever having was this pink rust remover stuff.

yep thats the stuff and yeah i know i suck at typing but its ok enough just to creep around the net


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.