TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   XMODS Mods and Projects (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   I need help on installing a new PCB. (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18481)

newbitowner 02-29-2004 12:19 AM

I need help on installing a new PCB.
 
How do I take the sevo part that turns the servo?

I took a quick pic of it...
Does anyone have a tutorial?

http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL305...9/47058310.jpg
thanks

newbitowner 02-29-2004 12:59 AM

nevermind about the opening the servo thing. it doesn't need to be opened to install a new PCB.

but anyway, since i dont have the skills to solder the 3 wires for the servo, do you guys know of a store/shop that would do it around San Francisco?

purple = 8?
red = 9?
orange = 10?

RC 2NR 02-29-2004 09:13 AM

Try calling around to computer repair stores and hobby shops.

aperson 02-29-2004 08:29 PM

ask the RS you ordered it from. or your local RS. ask them to. if they dont go to another RS. if they still refuse to go to a hobby shop.

eetoi 03-20-2004 12:37 PM

OR, you could practice soldering, and then do it youself,lol. I'm going to have to solder mine on very soon as well, I'm just waiting for my fets, so I won't have to open the car up again after I get them. Just make sure you have de-soldering braid and rosin flux, the flux that comes in the wire is never enough for me.

skklown 03-28-2004 10:14 AM

i got a question. does the new pcb also come with a new reciever?

eetoi 03-28-2004 01:28 PM

The pcb is a receiver. If you're talking about the crystal, then no, no crystal included. No servo or battery holders included either, so you WILL need a soldering iron...

skklown 03-28-2004 05:55 PM

im talkin bout the board in which the crystal plugs into. that has the L1 and L2 inductors

eetoi 03-28-2004 08:54 PM

Yeah, they do come with the smaller board...

skklown 03-29-2004 02:06 PM

k...thanx

eetoi 03-29-2004 08:03 PM

Are those inductors what you burn out if you short the antenna to the battery? That's what happened to me :( From now on, I'm only using insulated wire for my antenna :cool:

aperson 03-29-2004 08:21 PM

yes thats what burns. for the stock antenna you could just get the longest piece of heat shrink tubing you have and shrink it to the antenna.

eetoi 03-30-2004 12:56 AM

That seems like a waste of heat-shrink tubing...

aperson 03-30-2004 05:24 PM

what to put over the antenna? only if you're not afraid of frying the coil.

skklown 03-30-2004 08:28 PM

just get rid of the original antenna and replace it with some insulated wire. i did it and it works fine


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.