![]() |
Reflective Stripes
1 Attachment(s)
I added some reflective striping to my car. I have decided to go with white with orange detail. I also did the windshield in Gold Leaf. I may do the other windows in gold leaf too, but it still looks cool as it is now. Take a look and let me know what you think! (Driving in dim light is even easier now! LOL)
|
dude how can i say this...no offense but that doest really look too good....kinda ugly
sorry but thats what i think |
I know it is not the fanciest thing on the block. It was my first time working with gold leaf. I think I'll get the better stuff next time. This is my "Rough Draft" and will not be the best looking thing around. This is the body that came with it. It is kinda banged up, that is one reason I placed the tape around the bumpers. The tape is about 1/64" thick so it helps to protect from collitions. I'm going to be adding a flashing red/blue light to the roof. Once I get all the kinks worked out on this body, I'll order a new body and I'll do everything on that one properly. I'm thinking of making a police type car. :)
|
it kinda looks like a construction worker tape car.
o and is that gold tin foil on the winshield. |
The windshield is covered with a really cheap "gold leaf" It is really Mica Powder embedded on a thin plastic film. I'm going to get some real gold leaf and do one of the other windows with that. It should look better with the real thing. I just have to spray a clear coat on it to protectet it.
|
i really like the orange tape. looks awsome.
i dont really like the foil. it looks like one of those things that keep the sun from going into your car. |
When I get some better quality Gold Leaf I'll do another window, that should look better. And if I do an "Antiqueing" tenique to ir, it should look like a gold tinted window.
|
I think that glod leaf windshield makes your car look a little too much like an astronaut helmet. Wierd. The stripes might look okay if they didn't stick out from the body so much. Try painting them on with reflective paint. That should look much better.
|
I may do that on my final product. This is my crash/experiment body. So the tape sticking out actually helps to protect (what is left of) the paint.
I am thinking of making a police car. I have found the perfect strobing red & blue lights (I even got the front and rear lights in the light kit to strobe too!) now all I need is a siren... |
I think it's a little too loud, but I'm sure it's very functional for driving in low light.
|
It also gets the cat's attention. I JUST modified a lazer pointer from the dollar store to be powered by my car's internal power. I am working out a way for my car to put a red dot several inches behind the car. That should REALLY get the cat interested. :)
|
| All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.