TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Combat Digi Q (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Dedicated Combat Digi Q site in the making! (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16860)

Combat-Digi-Q 12-30-2003 10:11 PM

Dedicated Combat Digi Q site in the making!
 
Check it out.... http://www.geocities.com/dgm5186/ Ive been working on if for a couple days and not much is done on it yet but I think you can get the idea. If you guys have any suggestions please email me or just leave them here. dwarfman2k1@hotmail.com is my email. Thx guys

Draconious 12-30-2003 11:12 PM

first sugestion GET RID OF GEO****TIES :)


goto: http://www.1and1.com and get free 500mb, no ads, space for your site! for 3 years (then they start charging if you wish to stay with them)... I am using it for my Mini-Z Site now.. just have not changed the redirects to them, was testing to see if it was real.. it IS... the offer ends sometime in January, 4th or 14th or so I think... even if you dont think u want to use it, MAKE AN ACOUNT cuz in 2 years you MIGHT want to put some Photos there or someting ;).

Combat-Digi-Q 12-30-2003 11:15 PM

The thing is, im a newbie at making webpages, I dont know what i would do with 500mb of space. Maybe if someone helped me do it i would switch but theres only 1 add on geocities. Is it that bad?

Comrade_Boris 12-31-2003 12:07 AM

i joined :D

strakka 12-31-2003 12:41 AM

its.... well .... its kinda empty..... btw get the 500mb you'll need it later on.... once the site expands.... yeah ive always hated geocities and angelfire.... anyways... nice forum

Draconious 12-31-2003 09:12 AM

HTML is a quick learn most ppl, even those that cant code, either raw HTML or via Front page, learn it fast. In less than a year.. you will be wishing you had that 500mb ;)... HTML is VERY simple... its once you start adding applets, and scripts, and php, and sql and .. and .. and that it gets even more fun LOL...

Also geocities will tend to go down now and then your "free" bandwidth is very limited, like 300mb a day or hour or something... the 500mb free space I gave above has a 5 gigabyte limit per month.

Combat-Digi-Q 12-31-2003 11:34 AM

Yes I know the site is empty right now but im workin on it, since it seems that geocities sucks, ill switch it to 1 and 1. More work to do....

Combat-Digi-Q 12-31-2003 02:14 PM

Well I think its better than the geocities site but the internet address isnt pretty http://s92824290.onlinehome.us/
Dracioniciouse is your address like that too, can you change it somehow! plz help me heh

Draconious 12-31-2003 05:08 PM

yes for 6$ you can have a .com to go with it LOL ;)... since most sites charge 15$... 6$ is a steal... I registered mine at: http://3D-Plastic.com ;)


Be creative, get Digi-QCombatants.com or something shorter LOL...


I have yet to move the Mini-Z site here, well I copied it there, but its a non working version....

http://s88452779.onlinehome.us/Mini-Z

making a url is not required, but its still better then geocities/yahoo url... usualy when u link to images in a forum no one sees the url any way ;).


Eventualy I will move http://Draconious.com/Mini-Z to the new server...

Combat-Digi-Q 12-31-2003 07:00 PM

Heh, im tryin as best i can. Dam so you do need to pay 6 dollars a month eh? Well maybe i will be! Maybe I could get some people to chip in like a buck a month or something?

Combat-Digi-Q 12-31-2003 10:43 PM

Updates as of 1/1/2003 New reveiws in the review secion, readers rides which you guys have probably seen and some custom tank pictures. Still workin on it guys. Ill probly pay the 6 dollars monthly for this site.

Draconious 01-01-2004 10:50 AM

The .com is $5.99 for a year... and you dont NEED it... you can always leave the url as is...

Combat-Digi-Q 01-01-2004 01:15 PM

:eek: 6 dollars for a year :eek: .... OMG im deffinately doin that, i thought it was 6 dollars for a month heh, what do ya think so far Dracionicious


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.