TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZipZaps (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Where can I buy 1.2v 100mah batteries? (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1675)

Undead98 10-07-2002 12:41 PM

Where can I buy 1.2v 100mah batteries?
 
Looking to upgrade from 1.2v batteries. Did mos tof you use a single 2.4v 100mah battery? or just go with 2 1.2v 100mah batteries?

I haven't been able to find any online/local anywhere in the US.

Thanks!

Namuna 10-07-2002 12:48 PM

There's no such thing as a NiCd/NiMH with 2.4v @ 100mAH in 1/3aaa size battery...Not single cell anyway.

You can buy a 1.2v @ 120mAH battery RIGHT HERE at TinyRC:
http://tinyrc.com/shop/product.php?pid=175

Or, you can wait a little while...Rumor has it that TinyRC is getting in high capacity (>150mAH) batts!

Undead98 10-07-2002 01:00 PM

Thanks!
 
Didn't even occur to check the sites store, geez! :D

I ended up picking up two of the 1.2v 120mah batteries from the site to stick together in series with my NOS motor.

Namuna 10-07-2002 01:13 PM

Now you're talkin! ;)

joeNuggetz 10-07-2002 02:04 PM

Re: Thanks!
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Undead98
Didn't even occur to check the sites store, geez! :D

I ended up picking up two of the 1.2v 120mah batteries from the site to stick together in series with my NOS motor.


Yeah, good luck. I still cant get a straight answer on how to charge a 2 cell configuration. How long with a modded ZIP ZAP controller? 90 seconds? or 45 seconds? Etc. I get angry just thinking about it.

Undead98 10-07-2002 02:27 PM

Two consecutive charges
 
I figured I would need to charge it twice in a row to get both batteries. (approx. 45 sec per charge) since they are in series. I think of it like two fuel tanks, once one fills up, when more fuel is added (second charge) it will overflow to the second tank.

Did I just confuse myself? I think so...

Namuna 10-07-2002 02:27 PM

Re: Re: Thanks!
 
Quote:

Originally posted by joeNuggetz
Yeah, good luck. I still cant get a straight answer on how to charge a 2 cell configuration. How long with a modded ZIP ZAP controller? 90 seconds? or 45 seconds? Etc. I get angry just thinking about it.
Here's your answer bubba...

For the 2.4v batteries, you want be charging at a rate of 2.4v @ 1.5Amps for the 45seconds (to get the equivalent runtime of the normal battery at the normal charging parameters)

Here's the problem...If you're using the charging station as-is, without modifying it for higher output, then you're not properly charging the 2.4v 2-cell batt (because you're sending only 1.5v).

So, go to questformadess' mod #26. It's meant for the Bit Controller but will work on the ZipZap controller as well:
http://tinyrc.com/qfm/racing/mod_07.htm#26


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.