TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   XMODS Gallery (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   silver supra, with neons! (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16553)

midget_man1387 12-24-2003 03:51 PM

silver supra, with neons!
 
1 Attachment(s)
hey guys, I got sick of my color changing or w/e supra, so I decided I'd sand it down and paint it yesterday. I still have yet to totally finish it, but I went today and picked up two decal kits, which I've used some of already. The first 3 pics are from last night before the decals, and before I repainted my hood, so I'm waiting for my hood to dry now and as soon as it's done I'll get some updated pics. Sorry for the poor quality pics. What do you expect at 1 in the morning?

midget_man1387 12-24-2003 03:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
neons up front...and I lied, I'm only gonna post 2 pics of the silver....

midget_man1387 12-24-2003 04:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I purposely let just a little bit of light shine down through from the rear tailightys to give the impression that I have rear neons, too. Other than that, I backed the taillights with electrical tape.

midget_man1387 12-24-2003 04:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
overall, including neons "under the hood"

midget_man1387 12-24-2003 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
last one, sorry so blurry

itsme 12-24-2003 04:19 PM

...
 
Neons shouldn't be under the hood. 100 post ^_^
Yeah, paint looks good but you need it to be glossy for the silver to shine.
Corpses

midget_man1387 12-24-2003 08:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
decals

midget_man1387 12-24-2003 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2 of 4

midget_man1387 12-24-2003 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
3 of 4

midget_man1387 12-24-2003 08:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
4 of 4

viperkilla 12-25-2003 03:24 PM

Nice work midget_man1387. I am planning to paint my new supra that color.

midget_man1387 12-28-2003 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TECHN9NE
I think it's good that you're doing things to your XMOD, but personally I don't think it looks that great. Did you use spray paint? I did on my rims (made them black on my skyline) if you use spray paint correctly (don't overspray) it can look quite good.

yeah, the paint didn't seem to apply well at all really, but it's koo because this is my "junker" xmod anyway!:D

geofroley 12-28-2003 08:18 PM

What did you use for that exhaust midget man?

midget_man1387 12-28-2003 08:30 PM

it's a part to an old pen I had. check the thread "Light-Up Exhaust" for more pics!

WhiteSupra43 12-29-2003 02:14 AM

i made one from your idea it awsum i have to give credit to you for givin me the idea ha


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.