TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   XMODS Mods and Projects (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Mounting New Bodies (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15916)

Martlet21 12-05-2003 10:35 PM

Mounting New Bodies
 
I just made a new body for my XMODS, a Porsche 911, and found a really easy way to mount it. I just crinkled up a sheet of aluminium foil and mashed it around the front tab. Then I taped it on the inside of the body with packaging tape. For the back, I just taped a mound of foil under the rear windshield and stuck a paper clip in it. I folded the paper clip so that it would clip and attach in the existing hole in the back of the chassis. It works really well, and only too a few minutes to make it work well. I'd post pictures, but I don't have a digital camera.

maikeru 12-06-2003 08:20 PM

that sounds kindsa ****tily made, i think it would be better if you tried to make it more quality than it sounds, then again i can only imagine it in my head as i think all things made of alluminum foil look like crap

Martlet21 12-06-2003 08:56 PM

I never said it looked good, but it holds surprisingly well. Also, as a plus over using velcro, you don't have to re-adjust it after a crash.

ejaf 12-07-2003 04:00 PM

what 911???
 
What Porsche body did you use? Interested in finding a 92 930 Turbo body to fit my XMOD.

Let me know...Eric

porscheracerx 12-10-2003 11:57 AM

My Porsche GT3 RS body on my xmod
 
What a half ass way to mount a body!!! Alum foil and tape... get real.
I mounted this with the stock mounting locations on the xmod. this is a miniz body. This body rocks. Plus to fill out the wheel wells in the rear I flipped the rear tires. I used the rear black stock mount off of my acura and made a peice to attach it to for the rear mount on the Porsche. I then used epoxy to attach the mount to the Porsche. The front mount is what came with the Porsche body. it's almost the same as the stock xmod front mount. You just need to enlarge some holes and cut the nose of the mount for a perfect fit. SEE- not tape or aluminum foil...lol
http://www.plavanracing.com/DSC00382.JPG

porscheracerx 12-10-2003 12:00 PM

I do have to say!
 
I did not mean to sound so harsh. I do have to say that the paper clip was the best idea of the bunch. :)

ejaf 12-10-2003 10:00 PM

That mini-z porsche is mounted on a RSX chassis, correct? If I'm not mistaken, that chassis is shorter than the skyline I have.

if it is, I'm just going to have to get an RSX XMOD just to put that porsche body on...looks very nice.

E

porscheracerx 12-11-2003 09:46 AM

Porsche body
 
Yes that is a RSX chassis. You can just shorten your chassis with the screws when you want to run the Porsche body.... Or just get another XMOD RSX. I love it


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.