TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   XMODS Mods and Projects (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   model cars (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15424)

Rye 11-22-2003 08:17 PM

model cars
 
Will most body's from 1/28 model cars from hobby shops fit on the xmod chasis? I'm very interested in doing this and would appreciate any help from all you experienced modders. I just got my xmod a couple days ago :)

Char-g Ace 11-22-2003 08:38 PM

yea, if the right wheelbase. Just measure your body up and check the specs on the model box.

Rye 11-22-2003 10:46 PM

Thanks I'm gonna goto the hobby shop next week and pick up a new body, any suggestions on how to secure it well to the chasis?

Shelby_HEMI 11-28-2003 02:57 PM

Does anyone know what brand sells a 1:28 scale model of the "Gone in 60 Seconds" Shelby GT500(aka: "Eleanor")?

Edit: or a '71 Mustang.

magneto 11-29-2003 10:08 AM

Shelby_Hemi,

I didn't know a GT500 model existed of that! Can you please post a pic or anyone that has one?

:eek:


PS: I have only really seen 1:24 and 1:25 car models (probably being the standard). I would think that 1:28, you are looking at slim pickings if the do exist?


Also, anyone looked @ the 1:25 metal body models in stores now (american grafitti and fast and furious cars, just to name a few?) They are well done but I don't know about the weight?

magneto 11-29-2003 10:24 AM

=Double Post from bad internet, sorry!=

miniDRIFTER 11-29-2003 12:54 PM

If anyone could please contribute to this post, I would greatly appreciate it. http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthr...threadid=15657

magneto 11-29-2003 01:45 PM

Drift,

if people know about your situation, they would post about it. It's not like people are ignoring your post for a reason. If someone came into your thread and starting something off topic, wouldn't that upset you?

Shelby_HEMI 11-29-2003 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by magneto
Also, anyone looked @ the 1:25 metal body models in stores now (american grafitti and fast and furious cars, just to name a few?) They are well done but I don't know about the weight?
I went to the Revell website and saw them. The only problem is I would have no way of unnoticeably cutting them down if they're too long. Good idea though, thanks magneto.

Shane_882002 11-30-2003 02:01 PM

Go
 
Post some more pic of it on and if u can a video that would be phat. thanks bye
________
NEVADA MEDICAL MARIJUANA
________
Lovely Wendie99
________
Strawberry cough pictures
________
BlondeKittyX live

magneto 11-30-2003 02:45 PM

I found that many of the metal models have a different wheel base, which will require a new chasis. However, the majority of plastic models can work, but either require at the most a new chasis, or some dremel work to remove some excess plastic that obstructs the x-mod setup.

More info to come.....

arch2b 12-01-2003 05:30 PM

why not try the extensive mini-z line of autoscales?!? or do they not fit well?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.