![]() |
Celica in Gt-40 Clothes
1 Attachment(s)
Well there are no cool american bodies for the m/s Bit char's so I decided to at least paint one to resemble one. I find the Celica kind aresembles the legendary Gt-40...what you think?
This is also a test to see if my pictures work. ~jim |
1 Attachment(s)
A close up shot...
|
Very nice job! good work on that
|
That is so cool! It looks very clean.
|
1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, one more shot, different camera. ..trying to get the photgraphy part figured out.
|
1 Attachment(s)
last one, I promise.
|
Are the mufflers supposed to come out where the tag is supposed to be?
|
basically
1 Attachment(s)
Yea, that is pretty much where they go. Since this is a Celica attempting to look like a Gt-40, the area they exit is where the plate is on the Celica.
The actual Gt-40 had a mid-engined V-8 and no mufflers, just a "Bundle of Snakes" set of equal length headers. The pipes came together and exited in the upper center of the rear panel. This cutaway and engine shot kind of give you the idea... I may do another one using a Celica to start and actually mod the body to look right, not just remove the spoiler and paint it like the 69 LeMans winner. That will be a significant project. Somehow I am holding onto hope that they will eventuall do a Super Bit Char-G GT-40 body. Especially since the new Ford GT will be out soon, which is in the same (well higer in my opinion) class as the Lambo, 911, and Ferrari they are doing now. |
| All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.