TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bit Char-G / MicroSizers (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Same frequency, different range? (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12232)

complaisant 07-10-2003 07:53 PM

Same frequency, different range?
 
I just got another 49mhz booster. I took out the crip cap and soldered in a dual cat 5 antennae. I didn't really get too much more range - about 12-15 ft total. The range on my other 49mhz is about 40 ft. They are both new versions.

Does anyone know why?

nrmcj 07-10-2003 08:52 PM

with stuff like this, not everything will be exactly the same, even with the same freqs. maybe it's a soldering issue, maybe the one w. 40 foot range might be freak luck, because that's a lot of range for an MS :)

all i can say is that it varies a lot... so nope, i dont htink it's anything wrong... try tuning the POTS tho

complaisant 07-11-2003 06:49 PM

I haven't messed with the pots yet. I guess I assume they are adjusted already.

I probably exagerated a little. It is more like 30, a little over (away from any interference).

Any pots adjustment advice?

nrmcj 07-11-2003 07:02 PM

usually, they're adjusted.. but then again sometimes they're not.. it's kinda a gamble, but this sort of thing is reversable :)

basically you gotta get a plastic screwdriver, or something that is Not metal to the screw in the hole in the top of the PCB. on the underside there should be a big white chunk of crap with wire wrapped around it, and you're adjusting the top of that.

stick in the screwdriver (remember, plastic!) and turn bit by bit, seeing if your range has increased/decreased. if it goes down, turn it the other way. if it goes up, keep goin til it starts goin down, then stick there.

it's not all that easy, as i discovered, but just so long as you're gentle and have a general idea what you're doing, you should get some increase in range. 40 feet isnt unheard of... but 30's still hella good... i'd be crazy happy if any of my new bits went for 30 feet.

*note: a toothpick shaved into a screwdriver shape can also do the trick, cuz plastic screwdrivers that small dont usually come along very often.

hope that helps! :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.